Can anyone tell me what they did to cope with pain?

I had surgery 11 days ago and was doing very well,but a few nights ago my 13 lb.dog jumped on my lower left side.She did it again a couple of nights later. Now I haveto take more pain pills than before the dog attacks, and I have real pain. I'm sitting very quietly and hoping I will be back to where I was soon. I've talked to my doctor's office twice about this, but I'm wondering if you have any other suggestions for me. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

Thanks for replying to me. I will try the warm pack. I also thought about ice, but I will try the warm first. Last night I took two pain pills. Four hours later I took one more to try to get the pain under controll. It's hard to accept this set back because I was doing great.

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're in so much pain. 

If there is someone else at home, have them keep the dog off you. A 13 pound dog can cause a lot of pain if they suddenly jump on you. When you are resting, it's better if he/she is in another room. Then you can ensure this doesn't happen again.

If the dog hasn't caused an injury then time will help heal and certainly ease the pain. 

A warm pack will also help to ease the discomfort. 

We hope you feel better soon,

Bariatric Surgery

Bariatric Surgery Guide