Can being sexually abused cause your period to start younger?

I was also wondering this same thing if you are being sexual abused can it make your period come at an early age?

Susan, I was just wondering also, I have been trying to delete one of the conditions I have on my profile but each time I try it won't let me, does it normally work to delete stuff?

If anyone sees this, can someone please tell me how to delete a condition from my profile, when I try the box comes up but just fades out so I can't click on it.

Hi Maddie - what condition would you like deleted?

Hi Susan,
Thanks so much for your reply to my question, yeah I was asking for me, I hope that's ok, while I was waiting for a reply I went on google to find an answer too and found some studies ppl have done that say that sexual abuse can make a girls period come sooner but yeah other ppl say it doesn't so I'm confused now but I spose that's what happens on the internet. Thanks heaps for replying, it's nice to know there's someone out there.

Hi Maddie

Thanks for your post.

No, sexual abuse can't bring on early periods but it can cause bleeding of the genitals which may look like a period. Are you asking this for yourself?

If you are being abused in anyway, you must tell someone immediately - please write back to us!