Can the birth control pill cause unusual discharge?

My period started on the 29th of August and I started the pill on the 30th (Estelle). But my period didn't really stop? I have had brown discharge since it was meant to finish on the 5th. I have also had unprotected sex twice. I was just wondering why this discharge hasn't stopped. Is it from the pill or could it be something else?

Thanks for your post and welcome! 

Women have different reactions to birth control. 

Some do experience discharge due to the hormonal shift that the pill causes. Sometimes changing the kind of pill/dosage can help but some will have to come off it completely because of recurrent problems. 

You do need to see a doctor about this, and also to rule out any other kind of infection. 

Will you keep us posted?