Community

Can't Find Something?

DaisyN Guide

ASK Moderation Guidelines

ask: Can a cml patient have sex with his wife or even can have French kiss with her?

By zeeshanashfaq

Anonymous

My name is Iragar i am married i have 1 son i am facing chronic myeloid leukemia in las t 2 months i am taking tablets imatinib so what is the problem to me and my family whether i am doing inter corce with my wife any probles please replay this

Thanks

Anonymous

Hey plz any one tell me
As I m taking imatinib from past 4 years do any 1 of u feel tired lazy like if I do a heavy job like driving xar etc I get tired and after taking a sleep of 5-6 hours I am able to do another task is it is normal any one with similar problem?

Anonymous

Is there is any community where we can interact with cml patients ?

Anonymous

hey this is asma from qatar but basically from pakistan when i was 22 years old i was diagnosed with cml at that i decided i will never ever get married and live for my self my family but today as now i am 25 the eldest one my parent are saying me get married but the person with whom i will get married donot know about my disease currently i am taking imatinib 200 gram since 2 years after being diagnosed i was going for my regular check up i had twice bcrl after that i did int continued with my doctor as they always put me in a tensed situation my parent dont know much about my disease they just know i am suffering from cancer
and now a days i am taking 2 capsule of imatinib 100 grms each but doctor has advice me to take 400 grams what shall i do means i am totally confused about my disease i dont know how to deal with it plz pray for me :)

HI Asma,
My name is zeeshan, I was diagnosed about 4 years. I can understand what is going on with you. Don't worry Allah will do better for you and all of us. Ameen.

I am taking 400 grams daily which is normal for CML patient so no worries. BCR / ABL report is negative ?? Then no worries.

Yes, you can get married no problem as it's diseases which don't pass on genetically to others.

I am married, having two daughter Ma Sha Allah even my little daughter is just 7 months.

The main thing is that you can't hide with your fiancee as you have to take the medicine in any case.

I have met few patients whom are taking it since 10 years or even some more.

If you have any question, please hesitate.

Best regards,

Zeeshan

Thnx for ur reply zeeshan can u plz tell me from where u buy imatinib like pk or some where else I get it frm india
Are u going regular checkups ?
Two years back I use to have a followup with the doctor I had bcrl it was fine after that I didn't went to the doctor
Do we have to take imatinib for our whole life ???
You were diagnosed with this disease before marriage ??

Arshad Khan

befor three months my bcr-abl was 50% positive after 4 months of taking gleevic ...now i have complete my 6 months treatment and my rbc wbc hb and paltelets are very low from normal range i am worring about that plz tell me plz why it is

Arshad Khan

i am very upset about my life i was normal its a shock for me really...
the most important thing is that when i have tested my marrow i was taking glivec 600 mg but after two weeks my wbc was very low and it was 3.0 then my doctor told me to decrease the dose and now i am taking gliveec 400 mg now but still feeling not well... so my doctor told me if wbc remains low we will go for bone marrow again ..which make me really upset i become crazy mentally disturb now ................... o God give me my health back

Anonymous (reply to Arshad Khan)

hello bro I am jaffer sathique,pls contact me 9597963545

Arshad Khan

hey thanks for you assistance
My bone marrow test was: 20 cells were analyzed 10 were positive for Philadelphia and 10 were negative.. so i am taking glivec for last 5 months why the situation is?/ and my next question is that my bcr-abl was 97% while 500cells was analyzed plz i am worrying about this situation.. coz i have used glivec for 5 months and is this response of drug enough or not ... or what i should do further.. may i change my tablets to tasignia or what should i do plz

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: