Can getting surgery help me do other things with my grandkids, please help me,

How much do u have to weight before getting surgery ? I had 4 back back surgery, had leg surgery from a broken leg,, recently I home a bone beside my right leg, I have tryed everything to loss wiegth, my hips hurts slots,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to EmpowHER. It's lovely to see someone wanting help so they can spend time actively with their loved ones. It may also add years to your life.

I assume you are looking into bariatric surgery to lose weight? From what I have read you need to be at least 100 pounds over weight to qualify. There is also a cap on the other end - many doctors won't operate on someone who is carrying extreme weight but that all depends on the doctor.

This is not an easy surgery and there are both pros and cons that you will need to talk about with your doctor. Aftercare is very important - you will need a lot of family help. But for most people, it's very worth it and it's life-changing in a good way!

Read more here and contact a doctor to start this process: http://www.empowher.com/condition/bariatric-surgery