Q: 

Can goodnights for bedwetting give diaper rash

By Anonymous March 8, 2011 - 5:50am

My bottom and privates are all red and sore after using goodnights for bed wetting but I'm 15 how could I get diaperrash and how can I help it

Anonymous

Our 14 year old daughter just did her eighth grade confirmation and had to wear a white ankle length dress and veil with tights and white shoes.I did a pair of nursery print rubberpants on her under the tights and she wore the outfit all day up untill bedtime.she took the oufit off at bedtime and she had only a mild rash from the rubberpants and it went away in a day or so.

Anonymous

My daughter started wetting the bed at age 12,4 months before her 13 th birthday and a quarter of the way thru puberty.I put her into cloth diapers and plastic pants,which she was ok with,and wore them every night to bed for over a year with out any problems at all.just a month before her 14th birthday,she was a flower girl in a cousins wedding and when i dressed her i put some of her bedwetting diapers and plastic pants on her to wear under her white dress.Later that night when we got home,she was all broken out in a rash on her butt and groin.i had to get diaper rash ointment to use on her.I still cant figure out why she got the rash even tho she didnt wet in the diapers!

To Anonymous-My 15 year old daughter was a junior bridesmaid in her nieces wedding this past june 5th and i did a 10 ply thick cloth diaper and adult size rubberpants on her under her dress for the whole time.She got heat rash from the diaper and rubberpants and i had to use Calamine lotion on her the next day.

Anonymous

We have a newly adopted 12 year old daughter whom we have had now just over a month,and we have her in the cloth diapers and rubberpants 24/7.Her diapers are the gerber flat cloth ones in the 24x 27 inch size and i pin them on her with diaper pins.the rubberpants are adult size medium and fit her blousy.I use both baby powder and diaper rash oitment on her all the time and so far she has only had diaper rash once.We are baptizing and christening her as an infant at our parish on july 12 and she will be dressed in a white gown,bonnet,lace socks and white shoes.I have a new diaper made for her as her 'baptismal' diaper and she will have rhumba rubberpants over it.

Anonymous

We currently have2 bedwetters and they both wear cloth an plastic pants in bed, they are 9 and 7. I get them ready for bed and I've found that if the plastic pants fit to snuggly over their diapers they are more apt to develop diaper rash. Besides using a rash ointment and cornstarch baby powder our plastic pants are a little larger, that allows air to circulate inside. Also making sure that the diapers are thick enough to absorb the wetting when it happens, the extra padding placed in front for the boys and further down for the girls . Of course night gowns or pj's are worn over the diapers and plastic pants. I've found that wearing the diapers and plastic pants insure a good nights sleep for he bedwetters and at their ages sleep is important.

Anonymous

I wet the bed until I was 25 and then again at age 29 after I delivered twins. A Malem bedwetting alarm was the only thing that ever worked for me when I couldn't wake up at night on my own (I stopped wetting within 2 weeks after 25 years of trying other stuff!) About the rash... I almost never got rashes, but I found that when I was dehydrated my urine was full of more chemicals and my skin was a lot dryer (less oils and moisture to protect it from the chemicals) and I would get a very painful rash. When that happened, I would have to put ointment on it (Desitin), baby powder or even aloe vera if it kept burning, and make sure the rash gets some air. Also, I recently learned that it does not help to restrict liquids before bed or even all day, as your body will retain water when it is dehydrated (usually in your legs and feet), and then once you're laying down all the water flows up to your bladder and you pee a lot more through the night, even if you went to bed feeling extremely thirsty! So, it's important to get a lot to drink in the earlier hours of the day, so you don't become dehydrated, and then also make sure you get physical activity and don't sit for too long so the water won't collect in your lower limbs. Good luck and hope this helps!

Anonymous

We are catholic and finially baptized our 14 year old daughter this past easter sunday at easter vigil.All of the girls being baptized up to age 17 wear the traditional,white,poofy,above the knees,baptism dress with a matching bonnet,lace anklets and white mary jane shoes.Since we were going to dress her at the parish nursery,i carried her dress in a garment bag and the rest of her out fit in a diaper bag.We had her lay in a baby crib while i put the cloth diaper,rubberpants,and undershirt on her that the girls normally wear under their dresses.I rubbed diaper rash ointment on her first,then applied baby powder,then pinned the diaper on,then put the rubberpants on her.she wore the outfit most of the day and after her party,i took the cloth diaper off of her,re-powdered her,then let her wear the rubberpants untill bed time.For first communion a month later,all the girls had to wear their baptism diaper and rubberpants under their communion dresses again,so i used the diaper rash ointment and baby powder on her again.

Our 15 year old daughter finially made her First Communion last may with the 7 year olds and we dressed her the same as the little girls in the poofy,knee length communion dress and veil with the lace anklets and white mary jane shoes.we did a size 8 Pampers cruiser diaper on her with white rubberpants with ruffles acroos the back over the pampers and a white tee shirt as her top.During her party,she told me the pampers was itching her,so we went to her room and she took the pampers off and wore the ruffled rubberpants the rest of the day.I sprinkled baby powder in them,and that helped prevent any rashes.

Anonymous

my daughter is 17 and a bedwetter and wears a thick cloth diaper and adult size rubberpants to bed at night.she frequently gets diaper rash and i use A and D ointment on her and that usually takes care of it.she takes ballet lessons and wears a pair of her rubberpants under her leotard and tights to prevent occassional leakage.

Anonymous

Hi,my daughter is 14 and a bedwetter and i use disposable adult diapers on her at night with rubber pants over it.I rub desitin on her her,then sprinkle baby powder on her when i put the diaper on her.she has had diaper rash only once so far and it was a mild case.i also use the baby powder on her rubber pants to keep them soft.She is going to be the junior bride in my neices wedding on june 29 and i have told her she is going to wear one of her diapers and rubber pants under her junior brides dress for the day.

Tags:

Diaper Rash