Can growth hormones affect the coming of your first period?

By Anonymous January 6, 2014 - 8:47am

Okay so they injected me growth hormones when I was nine till I was eleven, now I am 13 and I am worried that growth hormones will affect the coming of my first period. I mean could it never come. Please respond this as soon as possible I am so scared.

Nothing that I have read indicates that growth hormones can affect the start of puberty, including your periods.

Thanks for your question.

At 13, you should be talking to your doctors and parents about this but we can guide you all we can.

Can you let us know why you were put on growth hormones?  This happens quite rarely in children and they usually have something called Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD).

Is this the case with you? Why were you put on these hormones?

Some children with GHD can have delayed puberty but having the injections your did should not affect your own puberty - however, each person is different so this is something for your doctor to talk about.

It's no uncommon to be 13 or 14 before your period comes. I think some girls say they have it to fit in with their friends who have it but they really don't. I was nearly 14.

For other questions I suggest you talk to your parents or your doctor but I hope this has helped?

susan thankyou for responding, however I wanted to know if this could affect my first period, they injected them to me because I was too short for my age. I was just worried if this could affect it. Can growth hormones affect the coming of your first period?

Human Growth Hormone

Human Growth Hormone Guide