can I be pregnant?

By February 20, 2015 - 11:31am

hey. my period lasts for about 3-4 days. and I had sex the last day of my period and we had a mishap with the condom and we stopped. I took the morning after the ( Norlevo ) both at the same time 16 hours later. so 6 days after I noticed some spotting amd I've had cramps and headaches. even back pains.. can the spotting be sign of pregnancy or the pill worked?

thanks. so I'm not pregnant? it's just the side effects. and I've also read that the I ovulate on the 18 and had sex on the 14. will the pill stop ovulation? since w sperm lives up to 7 days?

Hello Florinah,

Thank you for sharing your question.

A usual side effect of emergency contraceptives is spotting and cramping a few days later.  These symptoms are due to taking the pill, not pregnancy.