Can I be pregnant if I got my periods 15 days after sex?

By Anonymous January 15, 2015 - 1:59am

I'm 23 years old. My boyfriend and I had sex on November 13th. He says he didn't come close to finishing and he is a diabetic. We did not use birth control. I then got my period on the 1st of December. It was a normal period with stomach cramps. I am however late for my next period. It is now 15th January 2015 and I haven't gotten my period yet. Can I be pregnant?

Thank you Maryann

Did you have unprotected sex since your last period which started on December 1? How late are you?

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

No, I did not.

I am quite late, I would say about a week, give or take. I am generally not 100 percent regular as clockwork though - I generally get them a little early or late.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You might consider scheduling an appointment with a gynecologist to discuss your history of irregular menstrual cycles. Sometimes, an oral contraceptive is prescribed to help regulate the menstrual cycle.