Can I be pregnant if I was 4 hours late with my pill?

By Anonymous February 26, 2015 - 9:30pm

I went to visit my long distance boyfriend last week and had unprotected sex Sunday. On Wednesday I was 4 hours late taking my pill. Today (Thursday) I have had really really bad cramps and some light bleeding, and I haven't had cramps or any bleeding for 7 months (since I started the pill). Is it at all possible that the sperm could have lived for those three days and this could be implantation cramping? I am only concerned because I have not gotten my period for so long, and it seems coincidental that it is happening the day after I forgot my pill.

A four hour delay in taking a pill will not raise the risk for pregnancy, especially if you are on the regular pill, not the mini pill.  Are you?

Bleeding would be a coincidence.