Can I be pregnant if my blood test is negitive after 14 days from my missed period? My hcg level was a 5.

I'm am now 23 days late for my period did 3 home and a blood test that came out negitive 14 days after my missed period. I have not changed any habits and I have not taken any birth control or gained any weight for over 7 months and its highly unlikely to be the cause of my missed period. Could I be pregnant if my hcg level from the blood test came back as a 5 which is considered negitive.

Dear Anonymous--

If you tested negative 14 days AFTER your missed period then you are not pregnant. Stress is one of the most common reasons to skip a period. However, if you continue to miss your periods for two and three months in a row, you may want to consider scheduling an appointment with your doctor for further exploring.

Good luck,