Can I be pregnant? Too soon for a test?

By September 1, 2016 - 11:06pm

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 16th August. I took the first pill of Postinor 2 on the 17th but due to unplanned circmstances the second pill was never taken. On the 26th I started feeling nauseous, very sleepy, an increased sense of smell, rise in body temperature, dizziness, sore boobs and had cramps different from what I feel before I get my periods. On the 31st (yesterday) I started bleeding slighty and it continued on the 1st September (today) but it decreased a lot compared to yesterday's flow. My regular cycle is 24 days. My expected period should have been on the 4th September. I had originally planned to take a test tomorrow when I started getting those symptoms because I never experienced them before with my PMS symptoms. However, I do not know if there will be bleeding tomorrow to take the test. Should I wait a few days after the bleeding to take the test or can I take it tomorrow? I would like to have a baby. Any advice or similar experiences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance : )

I had slight bleeding 2 weeks after I took the half dose of Postinor 2. However, it last 2 & a 1/2 days. It was red but light... I used a panty liner but the blood did not fill the liner. It's been more than a week after the bleeding and I am still bloated, nauseous every morning, breats slightly sore but feel heavy, and I have a lot of fatigue. Should I take a test now? Advice would be appreciated.

HERWriter Guide (reply to KellySookram12)

Hi Kelly

I think it's a good idea to take a test, at least to rule out pregnancy. If you are not pregnant, you may have a bad case of PMS or this could be stress-related.

Hi KellySookram12!

If you want to get pregnant, don't take emergency contraception, it's quite reliable.

It sounds like your period is on it's way and on time. Wait a few days to see if it does come on properly and if not, take a test.