Can I delay my period a few days?

By March 27, 2015 - 9:35am

On Monday I am supposed to be doing a lingerie/nude photoshoot. I also am supposed to be getting my period one day next week, or maybe even this weekend I'm not sure which.
I really don't want to cancel the shoot because I won't get another chance until May.

Is there a way I can delay it until after the shoot?

Hi Cleo,

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

Although I completely understand your reason for wanting to delay your menstrual cycle, it's not healthy to do so.  Interfering with process that sheds the uterine lining can adversely affect your vaginal/uterine health.  

Consult with you doctor, perhaps based on your personal situation there is something they can suggest.

I hope this helps.

Be well,