Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I drink Optimal Solutions® Shake while pregnant?

I'm really busy and often don't have time to eat as healthy as I would like, so I have been drinking shakes for awhile now. I found out I was pregnant about 3 weeks ago and I am now 13 weeks along. I wanted to know if it would be safe for me to drink Optimal Solutions® Shake throughout my pregnancy/ would it have a negative impact on my baby?

Congrats on your pregnancy!

The product you are talking about is a range of nutritional supplements. You need to ask your doctor about whether it's ok to take supplements like this in lieu of meals but I think the best advice is to make time to eat healthfully. Fresh, pre-made salads can be found in any supermarket, fresh fruit and veg are readily available and spending a few hours a week making healthy meals you can then freeze for later shouldn't be too difficult.

Life is busy for all of us but you need to take the time to eat well, especially in pregnancy. A good pre-natal vitamin should suffice along with a healthy diet. 

Good luck in your pregnancy!

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :