Can I get pregnant after missing 4 pills?

By November 2, 2011 - 10:12am

Im on birth control (trines) and i forgot to take it for 4 days..all of which i was sexually active. (without a condom) My most fertile days are Oct, 31-Nov,4. I had sex from October 28-October 30th. I started my pill again on October 31st, could i still get pregnant and what are the chances of the happening?

hello, I've missed 4 days of my pill, and i don't have any weeks off to have a period because my pill i take all the time, i have had unprotected sex, am i at a high risk of pregnancy? I am a little bit scared

Hi Hannah

I hope you do really know that missing four pills can result in pregnancy. Did you doctor not explain the purpose of the pills to you? You may need to schedule an appointment to make sure you know how they work and why you take them. You don't ovulate when on the Pill so you don't have any "fertile days". You only have a fertile time when you are off birth control.

We can't give you odds of pregnancy (in terms of numbers or percentages) but your risks have been raised due to the risk of ovulation by missing four pills.

If you don't get your breakthrough bleeding, then take a pregnancy test.

Good luck and thanks for writing!