Can I get pregnant after taking the Next Choice pill?

By February 6, 2012 - 8:26am

Hi all!

I'm a little bit concern about the Next Choice pill. This is the first time I take it. My Husband and I had unprotected sex 3 days ago (Friday). I took the Next Choice pill as soon as I got it (Saturday afternoon), then I was supposed to take the second pill 12 hours after but we were rushing to get to church Sunday morning and forgot to take it. I got home around 3pm and took it sometime before 4pm (Sunday). So, we had sex again hours after the second pill.

Any chances of getting pregnant after this? Thanks for your help! ;-)

By the way, we have a beautiful 2 1/2 Son. :D

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we had unprotected sex again.

Hi mswood

Emergency contraception is about 91% effective when taken correctly. When not taken correctly, the effectiveness is not as high. If you had unprotected sex again after the second pill (you didn't say if it was protect or not) then you again, risk pregnancy.