ask: Can i get pregnant during my period?

Hi, I am in the middle of my period and i had anal sex with my boyfriend. As he pulled out to cum the condom broke but he wasn't inside me when he came. I had a tampon in and i cleaned the area right after. I also had a tampon in. Could i be pregnant?

DaisyN Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER.  If you were on your period or had anal sex. You can not get pregnant.   A woman can only get pregnant while she ovulates.  Which for most women it occurs between day 11-21 of a cycle. Counting from the first day of your period.  Once release from the ovary, an egg can live up to 24 hours.

Daisy 

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: