Can I get pregnant if I miss one BC pill and have unprotected sex in the same day?

By Anonymous April 12, 2016 - 10:09am

I wasn't paying attention and forgot to take one of my pills and had unprotected sex in the same day. What are my chances of becoming pregnant and if I start taking my pills the next day what are the chances of still becoming pregnant? Should I invest in plan b?

It depends on when this happened.

If it was yesterday, simply make up your missed pill now and take today's pill today too, at the usual time. There is no need to take Plan B.

If this was several days ago, Plan B will help avoid pregnancy. Keep taking your Pills as prescribed. Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills