Can I get pregnant on my 7 day break from the birth control pill?

By March 8, 2016 - 12:44am

i missed the last pill in my pack due to a hectic day, i was unsure of what to do so i went ahead with my 7 day break without taking the missed pill. do i start my new pill pack a day early? am i at major risk of pregnancy as i had sex the day after the forgotten final pill?
thank you.

Hi ShawnieEllis!

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

Your risk is very low since it was the last day of your pack but there may be some increased risk - certainly not a major one however.

Go ahead and start your new pack after seven days even if that's a day early. You can test for pregnancy 14-21 days after sex but I don't think you have much to worry about.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/what-do-i-do-if-i-forgot-take-my-birth-control-pills