Diabetes

Diabetes Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Can I have a 1 cup of coffee with my breakfast

I am a type 2 diabetic and I been online looking at some sample meal plans and most of them have 1 cup of orange juice. Just want to know can I substitute the orange juice for coffee or can I have both.

Anonymous

There is so much information if there are effects in a positive way or negative way in regard to diabetes and coffee. This was a recent study that explains that it is actually good to have coffee, you can read the article here http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110113102200.htm.

I would certainly suggest that you talk to your treating physician.

Good luck,

Missie

Who do you consult when making a health & wellness lifestyle decision?
Professionals (doctors, licensed practitioners, etc.)
51%
Media and media personalities (Rachael Ray, Oprah, Dr.Oz, Dr. Gupta, “The Doctors”)
4%
Web (health sites, lifestyle sites, women's sites social networks / communities)
24%
Friends, family or loved ones
8%
No one
12%
Total: 156 Votes