Can I have sex when using clobetasol?

I was just prescribed clobetasol propionate cream for vulvar dystrophy. The doctor did not mention anything about sex.

According to MedlinePlus Drub Information on Clobetasol the following information could be related to sexual intercourse and using this product:

1. "Do not let clobetasol get into your eyes, nose, or mouth, and do not swallow it". I would interpret this as being cautious about oral sex when using this product (I am not a doctor, just my cautionary interpretation), however a pharmacist or your doctor can you tell you about the length of time after applying the cream that you would need to abstain from oral sex.

2. "Clobetasol can be absorbed into your body if used in large amounts and can cause harmful effects".

Again, many ways to interpret this, but if you used a large amount of cream and had skin-to-skin contact with another person, you may want to check with your doctor or pharmacist. You should check with your doctor before having sex.