can I use postinor 2,even after not been close to releasing

By Anonymous March 24, 2015 - 12:43am

Hello, I had my period last 2weeks,and I had sex yesterday(my boyfriend withdrawed before cmming)but I want to know if I can use Postinor or not?

If you have a regular 28 to 30 day menstrual cycle, you were probably ovulating when you had unprotected intercourse.

The withdrawal method is not the most reliable birth control method. But, if your boyfriend is absolutely certain that he withdrew before ejaculating, then I would advice you not to take Postinor 2.

Postinor 2, like all emergency contraceptives, contains a high dose of a synthetic hormone. Yes, these pills are effective in preventing an unwanted pregnancy, but they also upset the normal hormonal balance that controls the menstrual cycle.
Like all medications, they should only be taken in when absolutely needed.

The choice is yours.

I urge you and your boyfriend to start using a more reliable form of birth control.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you,but can I use postinor 2 since am through with my menstrual period for the month?,because have used it this month before my period,so can I still use it.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, I suggest your boyfriend use a condom and you should visit a gynecologist to discuss birth control methods, such as birth control pills, or having a IUD inserted. Postinor 2 is intended to be used in emergency situations and not as birth control.