Miscarriage

Miscarriage Guide

ask: can laxatives cause miscarriage

By kaz

i was on strong painkillers and very constipated and had to take laxatives. didnt know i was pregnant then i had miscarriage. was it because of what i was taking?

Anonymous

I have irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux disease what causes me to have to use laxatives and milk of magnesia on a regular I may be pregnant and if so is a safe to still continue

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please call your doctor immediately and check with him/her. Laxatives when used as prescribed/advised are not dangerous but may affect early pregnancy in some way - a call to your doctor will ease your mind.

Anonymous

OK so I'm 4 months pregnant with #5 and I have very unable to go to the bathroom since taking the prenatal. I told doc about it he did nothing. I also have a hernia that is my lower intestine hanging out of the messed up 3rd c section. That also contribute to me not being able to use the restroom. I started taking a lax and it helps. I feel the hernia getting smaller but now reading all of this I'm scared I'm harming the baby. And I've tried so many things to go to the restroom on my own from fresh veggies to stool softer nothing worked. I need some advice.

Is this still going on?

You need to see a doctor who will not igore you like this. 

You can use an enema to go to the bathroom (you definitely will be able to go) but check with your doctor first. 

Anonymous

I had sex a 3 nights ago he ejaculated in me and I am very worried I have this weird feeling that I might be pregnant as I'm experiencing slight cramps in my stomach (they feel like mini period cramps)..I don't know what to do ..I feel that I am not ready to have a baby yet and I don't believe in abortions I need sum help I know its 2 early to say weather I'm pregnant or nt but if I am I can't keep it I need the fastest way 2 induce a misscarrige...I was thinking about laxatives bt is laxatives safe 2take for me I dnt wnt 2 harm my body

We do not assist people in self-induced abortions which is the same thing as a self-induced miscarriage. These are not necessarily safe. 

What you need to do right now is take an emergency contraceptive, go straight to a pharmacist, some work for up to 5 days after you have sex. Pregnancy does not occur immediately it takes days to happen after unprotected sex. You still have time!

You also need to start using birthday control immediately so you don't go through this again.

Anonymous

i have a bunch of regular sharp pain around my belly button and trying to figure out the cause my doctor wanted to do a camera endoscopy. the night before i had to take laxatives to clear my system for the camera. the next day i reported to the hospital for the procedure and all went well with no complications, however, that night I started experiencing out of this world pain from my upper abdomen down to my knees and all up my back and immediately reported to the ER and found out I was having a miscarriage. Didnt even know I was pregnant and now all I can think is that the laxatives caused me to lose the baby. Is that possible?

Anonymous

thats not true!! I know a lot of people who have taken laxatives to abort unwanted babies.

Jasmine Santa Maria

I was once at a health spa, and one of the people there put together a mixture of herbs that naturally aid the digestive system. Speaking frankly, she said if you eat three times a day, you should go three times a day. The Dr Max Powers "15 Day Cleanse" product listed many of the same herbs she used in her mixture. Its not just for men (I thought it was - but this woman uses it also).

Unlike laxatives, which clean you out in an aggressive manner, this works in a very mild way and just helps you to go naturally. I have never experienced any cramping or negative issues associated with this product. I endorse it as a healthy way to help you become "regular". I don't personally believe that "cleanse" products will rid your body of toxins, or help you to lose weight. But, for going regularly, The Dr Max Powers 15 Day Cleanse is an EXCELLENT product.

Anonymous

how ccan u have a miscarrage if u dnt want the baby and u dont have the momey for an abortion.what if u got raped.

Have you or has anyone you know ever had a miscarriage? :