Can the my way pill make your period late?

By June 13, 2016 - 10:21am

okay so I took the my way pill because while having sex the condom fell off inside of me and then just to be safe I took the my way pill and about a week later I got my period that later about 10 days or so but 2 weeks before I took the my way pill I had my regular period and now is about 5 weeks later and my period hasn't came and I keep getting period cramps what are the chances of me being pregnant I am really freaking out right now!!! Help Please!

Hi Mamabear14

According to the MyWay website : "The most common side effects (10%) in clinical studies were heavier menstrual bleeding (31%), nausea (14%), lower stomach/abdominal pain (13%), tiredness (13%), headache (10%), and dizziness (10%). Some patients taking My Way may also experience breast pain, vomiting, a heavier or lighter period, a period that is early or late, or menstrual changes such as spotting or bleeding before their next period. In a clinical trial, 95% of patients had their menstrual period within 7 days of their expected time."

So you got your period a week after taking it, you are not pregnant. Your period may now be delayed to to a common side effect. You should probably gauge your next period from the time you had your last bleeding, a week after you took My Way.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills

Thanks Susan,
I am trying to stay calm but im so stressed about not having my second period I just hope it comes soon!