Can a next choice pill make your period not come for more than two months?

By October 22, 2014 - 9:58pm

Hi Glamour!

The most common side effect of an emergency contraceptive is changing the woman’s cycle. This can be scary, particularly if it causes a late period on someone who is concerned about being pregnant. Here is a complete list of its side effects:

Side effects may include changes in your period, nausea, lower abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness and breast tenderness. Some women may have changes in their period, a heavier or lighter next period, or a period that is early or late.

Anon, the medicine in these pills change your hormones and can affect your menstrual cycle for a couple of months. I do not find it at all surprising that your cycle is still a bit off. If you took the medicine correctly (which sounds like you did) and had some sort of a period after, I would wait a while before getting worried. The unfortunate thing is that it is going to take a couple of months before your menses is back on track.

Hi, i had took a next choice pill in august, and had a 2 day (period) which is not normal for me because i had a week period normally. Well september came and i had no period at all, and now were in october only having about a week left and still no period. I spoke to my doctor, and tested blood and urine test for pregnancy all negative so its bbeen almost two months no period... Is that normal for a next choice? To make you skip months of your period??