Can a non functioning ovary be painful

I've been told my left ovary is no longer functioning ( I had a dermoid cyst removed three years ago that was twisting the ovary) this has caused the ovary to die. I also have a 5.7 cyst on my right ovary. But all my pain and discomfort is on my left side still ranging from my pelvis to left lower abdomen and left side. And can be very painful at times ?

It's certainly possible that this ovary is causing a problem.

Make an appointment with your gynecologist to see what's happening. If the ovary is not the case then you need further evaluation to find out what's causing this pain and how to treat it.