Can Nordette as ECP be effective if taken 72 hours after unprotected contact?

Hi there.. My husband and i had unprotected contact last August 10. My last period was July 30-August 2.. Freakin' out cause that time i think inwas fertile and my hubby told me that it was withdrawn, but i am still worried. After being paranoid, i read about Nordette and took 4 of it on August 13 - 3days after unprotected contact. After 12 hours, i took another 4 pills. Suring the first dose, nausea and vomiting are the ones i experienced, though i did not vomit. On the second dose, i really had serious nausea and stomach upset, frequent urination, sleepiness, and feeling tired. Until now, i still feel nauseous and sleepy, also occasional headaches. My question is that, am i at risk atgetting pregnant? Am really confused right now, my hibby is an OFW and will be leaving for work again next week. Also, i read about withdrawal bleeding, will i have that also and when? Please someone reply and thank you so much! Lotsa love!!

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours.

Since you waited 72 hours, the risk is a little higher but not much. It's about 85-90% effective.

Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...

Thank you so much for the quick reply, Susan.. Well, what can i do now is just have to wait and hope for the best. But if it will turn out to be that i'd become pregnant, i would be thrilled! Haha. It's still a blessing for another member to be added in the family. Thanks for your views and opinion.