Can an Ovarian Cyst That Is About to Rupture Cause Panic Attacks?

By Anonymous February 26, 2015 - 12:42am

I was diagnosed with PCOS eight years ago (when I was 20). About a year or so ago, I went to the ER with horrific pain in my right side, which turned out to be a ruptured cyst. Since then, I tend to get that pain at least once a month on the same side.

Also, starting a year or so ago, around the same time as the ER visit, I've been having a lot of anxiety, sometimes going into full blown panic attacks. Since then, those have been common, too, accompanied by crying, flashfire rage fits, and paranoia (everyone hates me and they talk about me as soon as I leave the room, etc.). I've noticed that I'll have these mood swings all day, and then have the horrible right side pain I've associated with a ruptured cyst, and my emotions almost immediately calm down.

Can a cyst that's about to rupture cause these fits? There are times that I can't even look at a rack full of dishes without running and hiding because something is wrong with the pattern. It might just be my imagination, but it seems like 9/10 of these fits end with the rupture pain.

I think you may be on to something here - if you have seen a direction connection then there certainly may be one.  

Pain can cause rage -and the kind of pain you go through can cause this kind of rage.  Because you know this pain and rage may be on it's way - your body responds by panicking. 

Try some relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga.  Sleep as much as you can and eat well.  You may find that talking to someone can help. What you are experiencing is not that unusual. 

Anxiety Guide