can an overdose of postinor 2 cause dark brown blood flow and cease or delay period in the menstrual flow?

By February 4, 2014 - 7:56am

I took two postinor 2 tablets in one dosage and I saw my period later in the month as expected by the flow was very scanty and dark brown throughout the flow and it lasted for 4 days instead of the usual 5 days. Now I am due for my flow again and i haven't seen it and I am a week late. I am not pregnant because I haven't been sexually active. Please what is wrong with me? Or could it be as a result of the over dosage of postinor 2?

I took postinor twice last week and since then i have not experienced and kind of vaginal bleeding. Is it because of postinor or am i really pregnant.....

HI Anon

Some women bleed after taking P2 and some don't. You can test for pregnancy about two weeks after sex.

I have taken Postinor. However I took the second pill late. Please advised. I am still within my 72hr period.

Can postinor cause period to be early and light together

Yes, P2 can change the menstrual cycle for one to two months.

I might have overdosed myself with 12 postinor pills in a month and my period came in a day earlier but then is dry and d blood is brown. What do I do? Please I need help asap

There is nothing you can do but you are highly abusing this medication which is supposed to be for emergencies only - you are using it as a method of birth control. Get yourself on the Pill or use a condom every time.

Hi Mulan

Yes, an overdose of Postinor can lead to bleeding after it is taken (up to a week after) and then can cause the next period to be early/late/skipped altogether.

The reason this happens is because the large surge of hormones that occurs when taking emergency birth control can cause the menstrual cycle to lose it's regularity for several weeks. 

Does this help?