can a person use alcohol after recovering from c-diff ?

By Anonymous February 8, 2016 - 3:31pm

have had 2 bouts with c-diff over the last 2 months. Ended my 14 days of taking Vancomycin a few days ago. Have had no caffeine or alcohol during that time. Will consuming a few ounces of alcohol cause a re-lapse ?

I'm glad you are feeling better, that's a lot to deal with in just a couple of months. Vancomycin leaves the system in a couple of days so it should be gone now. Moderate alcohol, from what I have read, will not be an issue now. Don't over do it as it may lower your immune system which may lead you to be more susceptible to further infection. Contact your doctor of pharmacist to confirm.