Can someone help me? im a bit confused about bleeding and periods.

By Anonymous January 15, 2012 - 9:31am

what bothers me is some people claiming that they experienced period during pregnancy. i thought one sign of not being pregnant is having your period. if that is so, how come some people said that they had their period during pregnancy?

how would i know if its my period?

i really don't think so cause i have had my normal periods while i was prenant and had a healthy baby girl......when it happend i seen my normal period for three months and when i found out that i was pernant i was thinking i was around two to three months prenant i went to the doctor about a week later and found out that i was five and a half months prenant and i gave birth to a healthy baby girl........

but i did not do unprotected sex, only some foreplay like fingering and dry sex (fully clothed). what are the odds there?

(reply to Anonymous)

No odds there. You can't get pregnant while fully clothed.

ohh now i get it, thank you so much for your help! :)

Many people mistake bleeding during their pregnancy with a period-- but it is not. If you have not missed a period, then you are not pregnant. A period occurs around the same time each month (unless you are irregular), starts off heavier then lightens as the days go by, and last anywhere between 3-7 days. 

Bleeding during pregnancy can be spotting for weeks, heavy hemorrhaging if you're having a miscarriage (lasting over one week and a medical emergency) occurs at any time and not when you expect your period. 

If you had unprotected sex but then got your period at the time that you were expecting it, then you are not pregnant.