Can a women transfer bv to a man

I keep having recurrence of B V but I only have one partner
Could he be passing it back to me

Thanks for your question - it's a good one.
Bacterial vaginosis is a type of infection caused by an imbalance of the bacteria in the vagina. Normally, there is a balance between the good bacteria (lactobacilli) and bad bacteria (anaerobes). But when the amount of anaerobes in the vagina throws off the balance, bacterial vaginosis occurs.

BV is a bacteria found in the vagina so cannot be found in a man. In other words, it cannot cause the male equivalent (ie; his penis).

BV can be successfully treated but can reoccur when the balance of the vagina chances again.

Remember to not have sex during a occurrence and avoid alcohol during treatment and for a day after treatment ends.

I hope you get to the bottom of why you have these recurrences. Any recurrence of an infection is very uncomfortable.

Anon, read more about BV here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/bacterial-vaginosis

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide