Can you get pregnant during withdrawal bleeding?

By April 1, 2016 - 9:24am

I had sex during withdrawal bleeding. This withdrawal bleeding was due to the fact that I took Nordette as ECP 5 days prior to said bleeding. Anyway, this withdrawal bleeding was heavy, bright red and lasted for 3 days, pretty much like my real period.

Do I have a big chance of being pregnant?

Anonymous

hi ma'am, may i ask until when it is safe to have intercourse WHILE you have withdrawal bleeding?
then is it also safe to have intercourse AFTER withdrawal bleeding? for how many day it is safe ma'am?

Hello Anon

If you want to avoid pregnancy, always use a condom. Otherwise you'll always be wondering if you are pregnant.

Anonymous

Im sorry for the inconveniece guys but would you care to answer this problem I'm facing right now?

So i took nordette back in Dec. 29 and then I had a sex with my bf while im on my withdrawal bleeding at around Jan. 12 . My bleed ended and I had a drunk night wth my man at our monthsary on the 17th and he came in me. I was afraid since the bleeding already stopped so I drank another dosage of nordette which was the 4 tabs. Then another after 12 hrs. Suddenly at around the 21st, I again had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend unprepared so condoms were not there so is the BCP. My withdrawal bleeding still hasnt come and Im terrified if I will get pregnant or what. Also I had a trouble time thinking if I should drink another dose of Nordette or not. Please i really do hope i wont get pregnant. Also if ever i would buy Bcp, what brand is it and for the Ecp, How long does it keep one protected from getting pregnant? Please help me..

Hello Anon

Thank you for your post.

We cannot tell you if you are going to get pregnant; that is just not possible. There seems to be some risk.

You need to go to a clinic and tell them you want to be put on birth control. They will sit you down, explain your options and you can go through the risks and benefits of each one.

Does this mean I have a possibility of getting pregnant?

There is a risk if you had sex and didn't use contraception.

What should i do? Should i drink another dose of nordette?

Hello

You can take another dose today since you have 5 days to take it, but today is day 5. The later you leave it in those 5 days the less likely it is to work but it's still about 60-65% effective. It's up to you whether to take it or not. If you do take it, make sure you read all the side effects etc, so you know what to expect.

I took some last week's tuesday. The intercourse happened again on saturday. Should i take another dosage? Wouldn't it be too much?

Anonymous

Hey guys so I really am in an emergency for this hoping you could help me out.

So i took a EMERGENCY CONTROL PILL called NORDETTE back when i had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Suddenly when I WAS DURING MY FIRST DAY of withdrawal bleeding, my boyfriend got drunk and we had sex at that time. And he came inside me. i was wondering what should i do. WILL I GET PREGNANT? SHOULD I TAKE ANOTHER SET OF ECP ? Please help me.