Q: 

Can you get pregnant during withdrawal bleeding?

By April 1, 2016 - 9:24am

I had sex during withdrawal bleeding. This withdrawal bleeding was due to the fact that I took Nordette as ECP 5 days prior to said bleeding. Anyway, this withdrawal bleeding was heavy, bright red and lasted for 3 days, pretty much like my real period.

Do I have a big chance of being pregnant?

I had unprotected sex last night, it was 2 days since my withdrawal bleeding stop. Should i take ecp again? I just switch from mix bf and formula so i still have no idea when will i have my regular cycle

Anonymous

hi ma'am, may i ask until when it is safe to have intercourse WHILE you have withdrawal bleeding?
then is it also safe to have intercourse AFTER withdrawal bleeding? for how many day it is safe ma'am?

Anonymous

Im sorry for the inconveniece guys but would you care to answer this problem I'm facing right now?

So i took nordette back in Dec. 29 and then I had a sex with my bf while im on my withdrawal bleeding at around Jan. 12 . My bleed ended and I had a drunk night wth my man at our monthsary on the 17th and he came in me. I was afraid since the bleeding already stopped so I drank another dosage of nordette which was the 4 tabs. Then another after 12 hrs. Suddenly at around the 21st, I again had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend unprepared so condoms were not there so is the BCP. My withdrawal bleeding still hasnt come and Im terrified if I will get pregnant or what. Also I had a trouble time thinking if I should drink another dose of Nordette or not. Please i really do hope i wont get pregnant. Also if ever i would buy Bcp, what brand is it and for the Ecp, How long does it keep one protected from getting pregnant? Please help me..

Anonymous

Hey guys so I really am in an emergency for this hoping you could help me out.

So i took a EMERGENCY CONTROL PILL called NORDETTE back when i had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Suddenly when I WAS DURING MY FIRST DAY of withdrawal bleeding, my boyfriend got drunk and we had sex at that time. And he came inside me. i was wondering what should i do. WILL I GET PREGNANT? SHOULD I TAKE ANOTHER SET OF ECP ? Please help me.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Do not take another dose of Nordette. If you were having withdrawal bleeding when you had sex again, there was no risk for becoming pregnant.

Regards,

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hello, i had unprotected sex last night and it was 2 days after my withdrawal bleeding. Should i take ecp again? I was exclusively bf its been a month now since i switch from mix bf and formula. So i still dont know when will inhave my regular cycle.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank.u MARYANN.

I was wondering what will happen.if i will.not.take.another.dose. i had my.bleeding continued after but not.as many as it was first. WILL.I.STILL.BE FINE ? Please i.dont wamna get pregnany yet.im.too.young 。。

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You were not at risk for getting pregnant the second time you had sex because you had already taken Nordette and were having withdrawal when you had sex.

Now is a very good time to start using birth control each and every time you have sex.

Regards,

Guide

Hello Mica881,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for coming to us with your concern about possibly becoming pregnant.

There is no chance for pregnancy by having intercourse during withdrawal bleeding.

Withdrawal bleeding is the passing of your uterine lining and blood. In order to become pregnant, there must be a released mature egg waiting to be fertilized by sperm. The fertilized egg then implants in the uterine lining and develops. None of these factors existed in your situation.

By the way, an emergency contraceptives are intended for emergency use, such as contraceptive failure. There are not designed or intended to be used as regular birth control.

Mica881, please learn about all contraceptive options and choose one that will work best for you. Learn more at http://www.empowher.com/contraception

Regards,

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks so much for the reply MaryAnn!

I would like to add also that when I took the Nordette as ECP, I only took 2 tablets instead of the recommended 8 tablets. Anyway, I still got a withdrawal bleeding 5 days after.

Will this reset my cycle? My period was from March 5-8 and my withdrawal bleeding was from March 19-21.

Tags: