Pregnancy Guide

ask: can you get pregnant while having unprotected sex and taking next choice pill four days after?

By nessa88

hi, i had sex the 19th of december , i took the next choice pill four days after and witch is also three days before i start my period. I bleed for like 5 days i believe, does it mean that the pill worked or i just started my regular period? Can i still get pregnant? The next choice pill says to take no more than 3 days. Anyways , i had sex again on the first of january and took the next choice the second day and its been a month now and i have not had a period. So i usualy start my period on the 25th ,my periods can be irregular.. i been having all the pregnancy symptoms,except for vomiting..i took 4 pregnancy tests two showed possitive with a lighter line and the other two test showed negative. Can i be pregnant?

Anonymous

i really need help cus im getting super scared. me and my boyfriend had sex on august 9th using the pull-out method(i know,super irresponsible) he swore he didnt cum at all and that he went to the bathroom half an hour before that happened. i didnt really worry until i checked and found out that my ovulation day(the first day of my last period was july 23rd) was around that time and when i researched about pre-cum i got even more freaked out cus people were saying you can get pregnant. so on august 11th i took the next choice pills, the first at 3pm then the second one at 3 am. the next day i started feeling light cramps on and off then on the second day i started feeling bloated,cramps-still on and off-,my breasts are tender. and on the third day i started feeling nauseas,slight cramps, headaches(more like migranes),and my breasts are still tender. im a worrier so my boyfriend has done some research and told me these are symptoms but i am still super scared that im pregnant. what are the chances of that happening? please help..

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Anonymous)

What you are feeling are side effects of Next Choice. Please take the time to read all about it, here: http://www.mynextchoice.com/Consumer/wherelearn_PatEdu.asp

You can also test for pregnancy if your next period is more than one week late.

Rosa

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

thank you for answering!:)

Anonymous

so she got the depo shot and took the plan b is having intercourse without a condom bad? because of seaman?

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Having sex without a condom does not protect either partner from STIs (sexually transmitted infections) or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).

The Depo Shot is 99% effective at preventing pregnancy, and using a condom to prevent pregnancy would be an "extra barrier" if each person did not want a pregnancy to occur.

Semen are the "culprit" to pregnancy, if that's what you are asking! Semen contain sperm, and during unprotected sex, the sperm can travel through the vagina into the fallopian tubes to fertilize an egg... the first process of conception (leading to pregnancy).

roxy1294

hey i have a question i started bleedng after i took next choice is been already 3 weeks and im feeling very nauseaus and dizzy and dont have alot of appetite , im barely eating because it is discusting me. So can i be pregnant i am verry paranoid.

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to roxy1294)

Roxy1294,

Spotting/bleeding, nausea, and vomiting are all side effects of next choice. If you are already a week late on your period then you can go ahead and test for pregnancy.

Good Luck

concernedC

nope negative test period came very painful and light and only lasted 2 days?very strange

Anonymous

Hi Concerned C,
Remember that sperm can live in a woman's body for 3 to 5 days so when you have sex close to your ovulation time, remember that there is this period also.
So the answer to the possibility of pregnancy is of course yes. Every time you have unprotected sex, you risk the possible a pregnancy outcome. You will certainly have to wait now and see if you miss a period. If you do, take a pregnancy test. The waiting game is in effect at this point.
Remember that pre-menstrual symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms so wait until you miss your period and please keep us updated.
I hope this helps.
Missie

concernedC (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you MIssie

I will keep you informed.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :