Pregnancy Guide

ask: can you get pregnat after tubes clipped and burned?

By roseydodo

i have been asking around. Almost seven years ago I had a large cyst removed while pregnant.During the procedure they removed my right ovarie and tube. A year later I got my left side clipped and burned (the doc didnt want to so she didnt cut high). Here it is six almost seven years later and I have had normal periods this whole time until March. March I missed my period which starts normally on the 19th. This month it is the 8th and I started spotting, pain in my lower adomenom and my lower back off and on. I recently have not had an appetite and Im sometimes really tired. I am scared to take a pregnancy test but afraid because none of this is normal. My menstraul cycle is scaring me.Today i thought well im spotting and when using a light tampon it hurt afterwards and a uncomforatble. any suggestions what is going on? thank you.

Anonymous

ive had my tubal 7 years ago im having major headaches cant stop eating or wanting to eat thigns i never ate before , lil cramping , urinating every 30 minutes, feeling nauseaus, heart burns, my period came 2weeks early after having intercourse to scared to take pregnancy test do u think theres a possiblity i can be pregnant?

I have the same symptoms but it's only been two years since my tubes were clamped,tied and burned. I feel pressure on my Csection scar as well

Ceya

yes you can i did! they had to do a blood test to find out because all the pee test where negative took them four months to find out what was wrong with me...

roseydodo

Yes, I am for sure planning on it. I will let you know what I find out afterwards.

roseydodo

I didnt go to the doctor. I am assuming something else is wrong at this point. I did take another test and it came up negative. I was spotting for three days, stopped for two days and now started again. Having severe pin headaches and off and on headaches which are very painful. Last time I had them like this I had a cyst that was removed.
Thank you for everything.

Alison Beaver (reply to roseydodo)

Hi,
Since you are assuming something else is wrong, and you have had these exact symptoms prior that led to a cyst removal...are you making plans to go to the doctor soon?

roseydodo

I have had cramping, and loss of appetite to a point others are worried about me. I also have been having headaches. I have had my period since I was 12 and its always been normal. Its hurting in my lower adom. and been taking ibprofren for it. Sometimes it does not help either. I was advised to take the pregnancy test which came up blank. No pink lines and so I was told to take another.. I did not become worried until about a week ago cause I assumed I would start on the 19th but than i started spotting two days ago. Not even a period and no need for tampons thats how light it is. Those symptoms you told me about spotting, cramping, loss of appetite and tired alot is everything I have been going through. The cramps are not period cramps it hurts no cramp.

Alison Beaver (reply to roseydodo)

These symptoms might indicate another medical condition, since you have already ruled out a viable pregnancy, and a call to your doctor is recommended.

If you have loss of appetite, cramping (that does not feel like your normal period cramping), tired/exhaustion and headaches...please call your doctor first thing in the morning (or go to the E.R. tonight if your symptoms become severe).

Please keep us updated after you call your doctor!

Tubal ligation is more than 99.9% effective at preventing pregnancy, but some women report becoming pregnant if they ovulate and the fallopian tube has grown back together. This does not happen often (less than 0.1%), but theoretically it could happen.

In your case, you do sound like you are having symptoms of an upcoming period, or perhaps something else is going on that is not related to a pregnancy. Please know that being scared and not wanting to know answers is not the way to advocate for your health... the earlier you know what is going on, the more choices you have for treatment (and treatment is usually easier, too!).

You most likely do not need anything treated...you most likely have an unusual period for a month. Women can have a period that does not "act" like other periods, and usually does not indicate a problem. Just knowing your body, finding answers and responding to your symptoms in a timely manner are the best courses of action to take.

What to do now? You do not need to take a pregnancy test, since this is an unlikely cause to your symptoms. However, it could rule out the nagging question in your head. If your only symptoms are unusual spotting (being tired and change in appetite could be from worry), this can be completely normal for women, and you can wait until the 19th for your April period to begin (just 9 days from now).

If your symptoms become worse (spotting, cramping, extreme fatigue, loss of appetite), you do need to see your doctor to rule out medical conditions. Otherwise, your period will most likely begin since you are spotting.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :