Can you help me with some things

By July 24, 2009 - 8:28am

I Have an ovarian cyst ... But I've been having Back Pains , My Legs are achy and i've been having alot of pain around my abdomon i'm really worried ...

It has been two days, that's not good protocol to not call you back. This could be something else, other than your cyst. Please put a call in straight away and tell them you have been experiencing this and ask to be seen- it could be something else like a simple (but uncomfortable) virus or infection or something like your appendix (that's something that cannot be ignored!)

If they don't respond, do you have an urgent care clinic near you?

Yes I Do .. Thank you .. For all your help

Dear Mommy 08

Thanks so much for your question and welcome!

Have you been told that your symptoms are linked to your cyst? From our Encyclopedia, here's some information for you about the possible symptoms of an ovarian cyst:

"Most ovarian cysts do not cause symptoms. When they do, pelvic pain and irregular menstrual bleeding are the two most common symptoms. Pain is usually caused by:

◦Direct pressure from the cysts on the ovaries and surrounding structures
■This causes chronic pelvic fullness or a dull ache.
◦Bleeding from a cyst into and around the ovary
■This causes more intense, sharp pain as the blood irritates the lining of the abdomen.

Pain may come and go on a regular basis. Or it may be more noticeable just before or after your period or during sex.

Other symptoms:

◦Urinary discomfort associated with bladder pressure or irritation

In rare cases, an ovarian cyst may become twisted. This can cut off its own blood supply. This can cause severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and fever. Call your doctor immediately if you have these symptoms.

TreatmentTreatment depends on your age, menstrual status, the size and type of the cyst, and your symptoms. The main types of treatment are:

Wait and See
This approach involves waiting a few months to see if the cyst goes away on its own.

Birth Control Pills
If you have a functional cyst, your doctor may prescribe birth control pills. The pills may prevent other cysts from developing during the "wait and see" period. If you get ovarian cysts often, birth control pills decrease the chance of new ones forming.

Laparoscopic Surgery
Pelvic laparoscopy may be recommended to remove a cyst if it:

◦Grows larger or reaches a size greater than two inches
◦Has some solid material in it, or other features
◦Causes persistent or worsening symptoms
◦Lasts longer than two or three menstrual cycles

If the cyst is not cancerous, often just the cyst can be removed. However, in some cases, your whole ovary may need to be removed. If the cyst is cancerous, you may have both ovaries and uterus removed. This requires an open surgical procedure, rather than a laparoscopy."

Please also check out our Ovarian Cyst page here, there is lots more info:

Mommy 09, have you told your doctor about your pain? What has he/she said about your options?

Hi SusanC!! I am having Diarrhea very bad .. i tried calling my doctors office wed and they never called me back .. i tought about calling them today .. i'm just soo unconfertable !!

Thank you

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide