can you only get pregnant while you are ovulating?

By December 2, 2011 - 12:52pm

I Had my Period Nov 17th And they are always regular just like clockwork every 17th
I start them. For the past 6-8 days my breast and nipples have been very sore and they are swollen. I usually only have tender breasts 1 week before my period begins but they aren't due for a little over 2 weeks which means if i got pregnant during this past ovulation they wouldn't hurt already. I have 2 daughters and when i got pregnant with them i only started getting sore breasts a few days before my period just like i was gonna start bleeding.

I would just like to know could i have gotten pregnant a few days b4 my last period/during/ or right after?? and if so when should i be able to take a home pregnancy test and it come out accurate?

Hey Susan,I know it was difficult to read my last post cuz Ian using my phone for this website ..ok it Dec.15 th n im still haven't got my period ..I took two pregnant test n both came back negative ..im experience bad cramps still feeling tired than usually. N having discharge Im becoming very Moody..wat should I do?

Thnxs Susan....im srry my post was difficult to understand ....I do want to get pregnant that's da reason for me n my bf r having unprotected sex...so base on ur advise I may n b pregnant witch is very sad for me...n by wat time u suggest I should take a hpt? ??thanks again n maybe in da future ill have better luck ...PS..I forgot to ask wat was da reason of me spotting ???

HERWriter Guide (reply to page heart)

Hi Page

Your spotting could mean implantation bleeding that happens in early pregnancy or it could be a sign your period is on it's way.I am not saying you are or are not pregnant as I would have no way of knowing that.

There is no better time of the day to take a pregnancy test, in the old days it was first thing in the morning but now the tests are accurate enough to be taken any time of the day.

If you are not pregnant, just keep on trying. Even in the healthiest couples, it can take up to a year to get pregnant.

Good luck and I hope you have some good news for us soon!

Srry my is freaking out...so I sumwat cant da days of my ovulation day n it came to b on da 23 or 24th of November n we was having unprotected sex n thick white stuff came out but no smell or irritation ....can I b pregnant n when should I take a hot..plz help me with this issue ...thnxs so much ..

HERWriter Guide (reply to page heart)

Hi page heart

I'm not sure if you are using auto correct for parts of your post but your post is nearly impossible to understand! 

It seems that you had a very early period in November but have been having unprotected sex, possibly during ovulation? The white discharge is a tell-tale sign of ovulation. If your last period was in November on the date you mentioned, your period should be due soon. If it doesn't come in the next week, you should take a pregnancy test.

If you had an abortion this year,  and are again having unprotected sex, I'm sure you are aware that it's likely you'll get pregnant again. You need to use protection 100% of the time to avoid pregnancy (especially if you are not very regular), otherwise you will get pregnant again.

Good luck and I hope you get the result you want!

Hey, I have a question...all this is new to me so plz explain to me wats going on with my body...I have a sum wat regular period....I had an a abortion January 14 2011...I was really messed up behind it cuz I didn't want to...however I normally get my period around da 25th of each month..but here's da problem I go my period October 25th but in November I got it on da 10th...it last at least for 6 days when it would last for 7...but I had unprotected sex every day with my bf...so a week later I had sum spotting that lastt for a day reddish when I wip..one n a while sore breast n slight cramps off n on ....

Hi Princess23

Yes, a woman gets pregnant during ovulation; this is when her egg moves out into the fallopian tube and is accessible to sperm.

You can take a pregnancy test about 2-3 weeks after you have had unprotected sex; and you can get pregnant any time of the month but this is generally with women who have irregular cycles. For a woman as regular as you, you would likely not get pregnant a few days before your period and if you did, you wouldn't get your period. But you could possibly get pregnant during your period (especially toward the end) and right after it. 

Thank You! I will wait a week or so and get a test