ask: Can you spot bleed days before your actual period starts, or is the spotting considered the start?

I am looking to get pregnant but am having trouble figuring out the actual start day of my last period. My periods are usually light on the first day, but sometimes I spot a few days before the actual flow begins. I'm just curious if the spotting is considered the first day to calculate ovulation from.

Anonymous

It be 2 month now I got off the depo shot n how long would it take me to get pregnant how many months?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Nobody can tell you how many months it will take to get pregnant.

You need to give yourself plenty of time to readjust after Depo. It can take some women up to a year to get periods again. A lot of women are not told this when given Depo. For others it can be a lot sooner many have spotting for months. You need to take this potential long delay into account when wondering why you're not pregnant.

Keep trying, although I know that's hard when you don't know when/if you are ovulating. If things haven't gotten back to normal in 6 months, see your doctor but you can expect up to a year's delay.

Anonymous

Well im trying to get pregnant n I have spotting of my period july 4 n july 8 n I thought my period would come on but it have not I ant sure if that was my period or what n I dnt know when my period come on cuz I been off the depo shot for 2 months now n trying to get pregnant so PLEASE help

What kind of help are you looking for?

Help in getting pregnant?

I hope that it's a lot sooner.

Anonymous

the first day of my period is not really dark red unlike the normal, on that day i also experienced li a headache and feel like sleepy. the next day i was expecting that my period becomes heavier but i was got dissapointed . the 3rd day becomes dot and and color brown. my normal period is about 5 to 7 days but i was shocked when i noticed that my period stop on the 3rd day. the ff days i saw a brown dot on my underwear and it becomes yellow green. now, i'm always experiencing a headaches specially in the afternoon and always feel like sleepy. i checked my pulse rate and its 97-98 per minute. what was it? am i pregnant or its normal?

Anonymous

I spotted 2days no period. I took a test it came back negative. My period didn't go full 5 days

A shorter period than normal isn't a sign that something is off. Your test is negative so you are not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi my husband and I have been trying to have a baby. I usually get my period on the 18th of the month this month though I got it on the 12th(June) it started as a little bleeding then turn to a brown discharge then nothing it basically just last a few hours should I consider it my period? I thought I might get my period on the 18th but nothing now I am having cramps but no period and white discharge can someone help me??

I'm not sure how we can help you - it sounds like you spotted but I'm not sure if you can consider this a period . This may be implantation bleeding (meaning pregnancy spotting) . I think it's a good idea to take a pregnancy test to see where you stand.

Sol (reply to Susan Cody)

Thanks Susan! I have a doctors appointment on Thursday hoping to hear good news. How soon can you find out if you are pregnant?

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :