ask: Can you spot bleed days before your actual period starts, or is the spotting considered the start?

I am looking to get pregnant but am having trouble figuring out the actual start day of my last period. My periods are usually light on the first day, but sometimes I spot a few days before the actual flow begins. I'm just curious if the spotting is considered the first day to calculate ovulation from.

Anonymous

I been having pain on my overies I when to the doctor today they draw blood I will find out in couple days I hope its good news!!!!

Anonymous

I been having pain on my overies I when to the doctor today they draw blood im going to find out in couple days I hope its good news!!!

Anonymous

my wife had signs of spotted menses 3days before the normal due date and the 4th day she started seeing blood.what can that be .Is she pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It's very unlikely she is pregnant. Some women spot before their period. If her period has come on now then this is a sign she's not pregnant.

Anonymous

It be 2 month now I got off the depo shot n how long would it take me to get pregnant how many months?

Nobody can tell you how many months it will take to get pregnant.

You need to give yourself plenty of time to readjust after Depo. It can take some women up to a year to get periods again. A lot of women are not told this when given Depo. For others it can be a lot sooner many have spotting for months. You need to take this potential long delay into account when wondering why you're not pregnant.

Keep trying, although I know that's hard when you don't know when/if you are ovulating. If things haven't gotten back to normal in 6 months, see your doctor but you can expect up to a year's delay.

Anonymous

Well im trying to get pregnant n I have spotting of my period july 4 n july 8 n I thought my period would come on but it have not I ant sure if that was my period or what n I dnt know when my period come on cuz I been off the depo shot for 2 months now n trying to get pregnant so PLEASE help

What kind of help are you looking for?

Help in getting pregnant?

I hope that it's a lot sooner.

Anonymous

the first day of my period is not really dark red unlike the normal, on that day i also experienced li a headache and feel like sleepy. the next day i was expecting that my period becomes heavier but i was got dissapointed . the 3rd day becomes dot and and color brown. my normal period is about 5 to 7 days but i was shocked when i noticed that my period stop on the 3rd day. the ff days i saw a brown dot on my underwear and it becomes yellow green. now, i'm always experiencing a headaches specially in the afternoon and always feel like sleepy. i checked my pulse rate and its 97-98 per minute. what was it? am i pregnant or its normal?

Anonymous

I spotted 2days no period. I took a test it came back negative. My period didn't go full 5 days

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :