Can you spot bleed days before your actual period starts, or is the spotting considered the start?

I am looking to get pregnant but am having trouble figuring out the actual start day of my last period. My periods are usually light on the first day, but sometimes I spot a few days before the actual flow begins. I'm just curious if the spotting is considered the first day to calculate ovulation from.

Anonymous

My gf has a regular period schedule but this time on the day of her period she started getting cramps and a burning sensation feeling on her lower part of the belly. The burning sensation stopped after a day then the cramps started and now after 4 days she is now feeling heavy cramps but she is spotting and it is somewhat light pink, but then she said it got somewhat darker after the next spotting and right now she is still having cramps. She took a pregnancy test in the morning but it came negative. It has now been five days since her expected period was supposed to start. There have only been cramps since the day of the expected period but with spotting on the fifth day.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If her period doesn't fully start in the next few days (and she has been having unprotected sex) she should consider a blood test at the doctor office.

Anonymous

Red blood when I wipe and on my tampon. But no heavy flow. Is that normal to be light the first day of period?

Yes, a very light period on the first day is common. Days 2 and 3 are generally the worst when it comes to blood flow and pain. Sorry to sound a bit pessimistic but it's generally true!

Anonymous

My husband want to wait til my son get 4 or 5 to get pregnant that is not fair I want one but he dnt right now. I dont know what to do any more I cant get what I want what else to do in my life!!!!!!!! :(

If your husband isn't ready then the answer should be no, as you don't want to bring a child in to the family that isn't fully welcomed because a parent isn't ready.

You can focus on your son now and enjoy watching him grow. There is much more life to live besides having babies, you can also get a part-time job to focus a little on your career and enjoy exercise, hobbies or spending time with friends.

Anonymous

I been having pain on my overies I when to the doctor today they draw blood I will find out in couple days I hope its good news!!!!

Anonymous

I been having pain on my overies I when to the doctor today they draw blood im going to find out in couple days I hope its good news!!!

Anonymous

my wife had signs of spotted menses 3days before the normal due date and the 4th day she started seeing blood.what can that be .Is she pregnant?

It's very unlikely she is pregnant. Some women spot before their period. If her period has come on now then this is a sign she's not pregnant.