Can you spot bleed days before your actual period starts, or is the spotting considered the start?

I am looking to get pregnant but am having trouble figuring out the actual start day of my last period. My periods are usually light on the first day, but sometimes I spot a few days before the actual flow begins. I'm just curious if the spotting is considered the first day to calculate ovulation from.

Anonymous

Red blood when I wipe and on my tampon. But no heavy flow. Is that normal to be light the first day of period?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, a very light period on the first day is common. Days 2 and 3 are generally the worst when it comes to blood flow and pain. Sorry to sound a bit pessimistic but it's generally true!

Anonymous

My husband want to wait til my son get 4 or 5 to get pregnant that is not fair I want one but he dnt right now. I dont know what to do any more I cant get what I want what else to do in my life!!!!!!!! :(

If your husband isn't ready then the answer should be no, as you don't want to bring a child in to the family that isn't fully welcomed because a parent isn't ready.

You can focus on your son now and enjoy watching him grow. There is much more life to live besides having babies, you can also get a part-time job to focus a little on your career and enjoy exercise, hobbies or spending time with friends.

Anonymous

I been having pain on my overies I when to the doctor today they draw blood I will find out in couple days I hope its good news!!!!

Anonymous

I been having pain on my overies I when to the doctor today they draw blood im going to find out in couple days I hope its good news!!!

Anonymous

my wife had signs of spotted menses 3days before the normal due date and the 4th day she started seeing blood.what can that be .Is she pregnant?

It's very unlikely she is pregnant. Some women spot before their period. If her period has come on now then this is a sign she's not pregnant.

Anonymous

It be 2 month now I got off the depo shot n how long would it take me to get pregnant how many months?

Nobody can tell you how many months it will take to get pregnant.

You need to give yourself plenty of time to readjust after Depo. It can take some women up to a year to get periods again. A lot of women are not told this when given Depo. For others it can be a lot sooner many have spotting for months. You need to take this potential long delay into account when wondering why you're not pregnant.

Keep trying, although I know that's hard when you don't know when/if you are ovulating. If things haven't gotten back to normal in 6 months, see your doctor but you can expect up to a year's delay.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :