Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Good morning DOC, I suppose to ovulate last two weeks Saturday I had unprotected sex on Sunday evening and my guy poured inside, I took postinor 2 on the following day been Monday around 11 pm. Pls is it possible to become pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It may not have worked. Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. If you took the pill after ovulation, it may not have been effective.

If you do not have any vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, test for pregnancy.

Anonymous

Hi I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just after my period. I took the P-2 pill as directed and about a week later I had my period again (16th day of my cycle). Now my period is 8days late. Do you think I could be pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, I do not think you could be pregnant because you had bleeding a week after taking the pill. Changes in the menstrual cycle are a reported side effect. The next monthly period can start earlier or later than expected. If you miss your period this month, speak with your gynecologist. You may have experienced a hormonal imbalance due to taking the pill.

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I took the first pill of the postinor 2 packet on Saturday evening and then had a slip up with the condom on Saturday night, so unprotected again. To my horror, I ended up not taking the 2nd pill on time and took it a full 25 hours later on the Sunday night. It was my first time taking it, hence the delay. I simple forgot. Now I am worried as I wait for the next two weeks. I was ovulating on the Saturday night. What are the chances that I could be pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is a chance that you could have become pregnant.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. If you were due to ovulate on Saturday and took the pill on Saturday, it may not have worked.

Postinor 2 is effective in preventing pregnancy when taken as directed. If you missed the second dose, its effectiveness could be reduced.

Wait. If you do not have any vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill or you miss your next period, take a pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi my supposed see her period 18 this month & she has not,can postinor help.cus we are not ready for baby any more .after several cs

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 is only effective if taken within 72 hours following unprotected intercourse. She can take an early response pregnancy test, which allows testing five days before a period is due.

Regards,

Anonymous

Had unprotected sex mid month august with my girlfriend she immediately took the postinor 2.. till now she hasn't had her periods could she be pregnant??

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If it has been three weeks since she took the pill, she needs to test for pregnancy.

Regards,