ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Hey good day I have some concerns. My ovulation days is October 10-13 and I did have unprotected sex but my be did not ejaculated in side me but on October 22 he ejaculated in side be however I took the p2 about 24-28 hrs after and followed by the second pill 12 hrs after the first. I saw some spotting like two weeks ago but up to this day I haven't seen my period and am wondering if I could be pregnant and if I am pregnant can it happen after the ovulation period?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Stanley)

Hi Stanley
There was no need to take any birth control if you are absolutely sure that you ovulated in week 2 and you had sex in three. You can't get pregnant unless you're ovulating.
P2 can cause spotting so this is likely the case with you. P2 is 90-95% effective. A test can confirm this for you.

I had sex with my galfrnd and the next day she took one tablet of postinor 2 BT the other tablet got messed up and I want to asked if she can still get pregnant

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes she can - I don't know how another tablet got "messed up" but she should have gone out and gotten another.

She can test for pregnancy if she misses her period.

My boyfriend and I had sex on October 22 and the condom broke. When I realized it I immediately bought an emergency contraceptive (Postinor 2). I took the first pill 3 hours after sex and the next pill 12 hours later. After taking the second pill, I have had no vaginal discharge at all. It is now November 2 and I'm expecting my period but is having no vaginal discharge normal after taking the pill? Could I be pregnant? I heard that Postinor 2 can make your period late, but how late? Should I be worried?

Not every woman bleeds after taking P2.

It can delay your period up to several weeks. P2 does not guarantee against pregnancy - some women will get pregnant. You can test 21 days after you had sex. However, your risk is only about 5%.

my gf took a postinor2 4 times in 2days. 1st, she took pstinor2 after 40hours we unprotected sex but 1st ejaculation I cm my "water" outside her vagina, only 2minutes after 1st, 2nd I cm again outside her vagina. Afterthat she took 2nd pill in 5hours after 1st intake. and next day, in morning, she took again 2 pill in once time. so, she took 4 tablets in only 2 days.

we had a sex in 22/10 and she took 1st pill in morning 24/10, 2nd pill after 5hours and she took twice pill at sime time in 25/10. Now 27/10 she still not bleeding. so, comment please...

Postinor 2 is intended to be taken after unprotected intercourse to prevent pregnancy in an emergency, and is not designed to be used as a form of birth control. She should not be ingesting these large doses of hormones. Taking P2 this way is not good.

We cannot say if she will get pregnant or not, only that her risk is low. She can test for pregnancy 21 days after the last time she had unprotected sex if she doesn't get her period in the meantime. Use condoms.

my girlfriend take the pill within 40hour after sex , first he took a pill at 11 am , in the afternoon he took it again . the next day he took two seeds. My question is, have effectively my girlfriend took 4 capsules within 24 hours ?

hello please i had unprotected sex with my girl friend and i gave her postinor 2 medicine. she took the two pills just after we are done with the sex. its been its been 3 weeks now and she is feeling the signs of her period about come but its not coming. is likely she is pregnant cos she has not seen any sign of pregnancy and has done the test to as well..

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :