Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Hi Doc,

My last period was 15th May and i jad an unprotected intercourse on 19th May. I took postinor 2 with the right way on 20th May. And today 29th May i have my period which is 1 week early than my regular period. Am i pregnant? Hope you can answer. Thanks.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your bleeding is a sign you are not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi i had sex with my husband last night then i took postinor 2 after 2 hours and 2nd tablet after 12 hours. But i supposed to have my periods on 25 of may but i didnt have it.. then i have sex with my husband on 27th of may i already took the medicine . But please tell me is it save or not and whn i will get my periods because i didnot get my periods of this month till now..

Anonymous

Hi I would like to know if I took the pill a little over 24 hours and I'm probably already in the ovulation stage of my menstraul cycle if the pill will still be as affected as before

Since you were just over the 24 hour mark for you pill, then your risk should still be close to the 5% as it is when taken within the 24 hours.

It's fine if you were near ovulation.

Anonymous

I have sex on 12.15 am, but she take postinor 2 on 2.30pm. another pill on 2.30 am. she gonna pregnant or not ?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The only way to know whether Postinor 2 worked to prevent your partner from becoming pregnant is to wait for her to have vaginal bleeding. If she doesn't have bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, she needs to test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello doc, I had an unprotected sex with my hubby on the 18th ,I took the first pill of postinor 2 in the morning after and the second pill 12 hours later but I had an unprotected sexual agin immediately I took the second dosage, can I get pregnant or use another set of pills. I am currently ovilating

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. So, you were still protected when you had intercourse again, before taking the second pill.

If you and your husband are not ready to be parents, please use some type of birth control, such as condoms, oral contraceptives or an IUD.

An emergency contraceptive is intended for use in an emergency situation of contraceptive failure. You should never take it more than once per menstrual cycle nor depend on it as your regular form of birth control.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Dr, If I take the first pill around 8pm, and later 2nd pill at 8am in the morning. But have another intercourse 2 hours later after the 2nd pill of postinors 2 . Will I pregnant?

Pregnancy Guide