Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Hai there.. I just took postinor 2. Two tabletsin one dose as a keaflet say. I took it after 7 hours my unprotected sex. But I have sex in my ovulation day, 14 after my first periode day. In my periode month by month, its always happen 32-33 days till my next periode. My last periode at 27 oct 2014, and it should be happen 32-33 days after, coz thats myStill i can get pregnant? Is the implantation of ovum and sperm can happens in 7 hours?? I eat that pills 5 days ago.. And now i dont feel anything except an abdominal hurts. Tq..

Anonymous

Pls I had an unprotected sex on da 9th of Nov, nd ma ovulation came on da 11th. I took postinor 2 tablet 48hrs after ma ovulation....M xo scared. dz z 4 days Afta I tuk da drugs no symptom tho, Jst slight nausea. Wt do yu advize I do, I dnt wanna get pregnant plzzz.

Anonymous

Had withdrawal bleeding after using postinor 2 is this the start of your cycle? Could this change your cycle?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Vaginal bleeding after taking Postinor 2 indicates the pill was effective. It is advised that you see your gynecologist within three weeks of taking this pill. Your next period may start earlier or later than normal because Postinor 2 works by preventing ovulation.

Regards,

Anonymous

Took postinor 2 and had bleeding days after,then took I again a week before my period and my period hasnt started please advise

It cannot be stressed enough, that Postinor-2 is an emergency contraceptive only. Postinor-2 is not intended as a regular method of contraception. It should not be taken more than once in a one month or one menstrual cycle period.

Postinor 2 works by preventing ovulation, thus your next period may start earlier or later than normal.

At this point, I advise you to schedule an appointment with your physician, use another form of birth control if you are sexually active before your next period, and consider using some type of birth control regularly.

Regards,

Anonymous

Took postinor 2 and bled five days after too, it a week after bleeding which was a week before my period and now my period hasn't start can you advise thanks

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. Vaginal bleeding after taking the pill means it was effective. But, taking the pill affected the normal hormonal balance that controls your menstrual cycle, your next period can start later than normal. In the meantime, if you are sexually active, use a condom.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I had my menstruation on the first week of October then had sex on the 19/10 hours later I take the first tab of Postinor2 then the 2nd tab after 12 hours... Now my period is quite delayed and my nipple are sore and have some abdominal pain... Is this a sign that I am pregnant?

If it has been three weeks since you took Postinor 2, and you have not had any vaginal bleeding, take a home pregnancy test.

Regards,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window