Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Can I still get pregnant if I want even after using postinor 2? I am 35.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 prevents ovulation only for the one time or that one month. It will not prevent you from becoming pregnant in the future.

Anonymous

Hi, I saw my last period on 23rd June and I am not sure how long my circle is I had unprotected sex on 3rd July, but took postinor 2 the next day say within 24 hours. . Just hope it's effective and scared I may have ovulated around that time, does the drug prevent conception n fertization as well.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 prevents a pregnancy before it is established by preventing or delaying the release of an egg from the ovary.

It is estimated that Postinor-2 will prevent 85% of expected pregnancies. 95% of expected pregnancies will be prevented if taken within the first 24 hours, declining to 58% if taken between 48 hours and 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.

The pill does not prevent conception, only effective to prevent ovulation.

Anonymous

hello,
i usually have a long circle of 31 to 32 days, i saw my period for may on the 20th and ended 23rd and then for june, i started my period on the 17th and ended 20th. i had unprotected sex on the 24th of june and took postinor 2 and got a viginal bleeding on the 30th of june and first of july.

on the 6th and 7th of july, i had another unprotected sex, will i be pregnant?
seriously need your reply, thanks

Anytime you have unprotected sex you risk pregnancy. As to whether you will get pregnant this time, that is not for us to say - that's up to your body.

Anonymous

i had unprotected sex 2nd of July and i took prostinor 2. usually if i take it i will get my periods the 10th day... but its the 10th day for today and still i am waiting for my period...do u think i am pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 can cause your next monthly period to be late. If you do not get your period or any bleeding by July 22, test for pregnancy.

You mention "usually if I take it..." How often have you taken the pill?
It should not be taken frequently. It should never be taken more than once in a month.

Repeated use can make it less effective in preventing pregnancy and can seriously upset your menstrual cycle.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi , I had sex around 10pm, being afraid that he ejaculated inside of me we rushed to the nearest pharmacy and bought Postinor 2 . The packet only came with 1 single pill ... I took the pill about 20 minutes after having sex. Do you think 1 pill was enough ? Or should I buy another one ? I am really scared , i am very young to have a child .

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello anonymous,

Postinor is a single pill emergency contraceptive- only 1 pill. There is 1 pill in the pack. You have to take the pill within 72 hours of having unprotected sex.

For 2 tablets version of Postinor you take the second tablet exactly after 12 hours after the first.

Anonymous, if you purchased the single dose, there is no need to buy another dose. One dose is enough.

Regards,