ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

i have missed my period since on the 10th of May 2015 can i still use postinor 2, don't know if it will still work.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 is only effective if taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. It prevents a pregnancy. It does not terminate an existing pregnancy.

Since your period was due on May 10, take a pregnancy test. Test in the morning and use the first urine of the day.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, am a concern teen... I had sex and the condom burst, but he came in me thinking it was still on, found the condom in my vagina filled with sperms, took the pill the following morning after following it's instructions. About a week later i began spotting for two days, i could literally count the spots. But at the moment i am worried wondering what to do next, i don't want to wait, I want to take another step as soon as possible.

I can appreciate your concern, because I am concerned that you only spotted for two days. Please contact your gynecologist or primary care physician.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello, my boyfriend and I had sex and he ejaculated in me, I took Postinor 2 and I had spotting the week after for 2 days. On the second day of spotting, we had sex again and ejaculated in me. I took another Postinor 2 pill and I am wondering if I can be pregnant?

I am very concerned that you only experienced spotting for two days after taking the first dose. I am equally concerned that you took the pill again in such a short time span.

By doing this, you overdosed and seriously upset the hormonal balance that regulates your menstrual cycle.

Please contact your gynecologist or primary care physician about this today.

Regards,

Anonymous

i had sex around when i believe to be ovulating but i took postinor 2 two weeks before that... can i be pregnant? how long after taking postinor 2 can you ovulate?

If you took Postinor 2 two weeks before ovulation, most likely you did not ovulate. You know it worked if you have vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill.

You should ovulate the next month. But, the pill can cause a slight delay, not more than five days.

Anonymous

Hi I took 1st tablet of postinor 2 after unprotected sex. before i take the 2nd tablet (which is before 12 hours for 2nd tablet) i had unprotected sex again and after that i took the 2nd tablet. Do i need to retake another postinor 2 tablets

No, you do not need to take another dose of Postinor 2. You really should be using a form of birth control and not depend on an emergency contraceptive, which should only be used in an emergency situation and not take more than one in a one month period.

Regards,

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :