Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex with my husband 11 days after my period, but after 48 hours I took the postinor 2, it still effective? I don't plan to pregnant right now.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question. Yes, when taken within 72 hours following unprotected sexual intercourse, Postinor 2 is effective in preventing pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I have sex with my boyfriend and I take postinor 2 after 30 minutes of having sex since then I have been having stomach pan and have been unirating almost every seconds and still feel pan each time I unirate

Anonymous

Me really luking fr da answer that I missed my crissanta dose last night nd ths afternoon I had sex thn I recalled tht have missed da dose so I hurriedly had da medicine nd followed. by my regular daily dose now I don't want to get pregnant .i wish I wouldn't have conceived .plzzzzz rply

All that you can do is wait for your next period to start. I think your risk of conceiving is very low, but only time will tell.

Regards,

asser

Hi there m new here so m not sure if this is a ryt block to writte on. I had sex at the end of January(unprotected). I took the morning after pill the next day. I dint remember any side effects then. I had my february period by surprisingly shorter than normal I used to take 4 days bt it was 2.5 days. In tuesdae this month(March) I woke up having my period it was heavy in the morning and normal during the day. I woke up the following day with a very light blood and it ended there, now m having backache n headache often and thrz also this discomfort in my abdomen on the right side, and whn m peeing I notice when I wipe a little redish fluid. M confussed plz help!

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to asser)

Hello asser,

I would like to welcome you to the EmpowHER community and thank you for reaching out to us with your health question.

The changes in your menstrual cycle are directly related to the morning after pill. Some women experience changes in their menstrual cycles as a side effect of emergency contraceptives. The changes include a period starting earlier or later than normal. Menstrual flow may be lighter or heavier than normal.

However, the backache, headache and right sided abdominal discomfort may be related to something else. If the symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your physician.

Regards,

Anonymous

pls ma bf rubbed his penis ard ma vagina without ejaculating. dis ws 4 days after ma period. cn it cause pregnancy pls am scared

There is nothing to worry about because this happened four days after your period.

For conception to happen you must be ovulating ( ovary releases an egg, about 14 days before the start of your period, and have unprotected sex.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

pls i hv started experiencing brown blood discharge since yesterday I also hv abdominal pains.pls wat is wrong

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :