ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

I finished my period on 6th of July, and contact on 8th...(my last cycle was for 28 days)..due to fear I took postinor some hours later and the other tablet 13hrs I had bleeding after some days for two days...ams suppose to see my period today and it hasn't come...am really freaking out.. is it normal or what?

Anonymous

I finished my period on 4th of July, and contact on 8th...(my last cycle was for 28 days)..due to fear I took postinor some hours later and the other tablet 13hrs I had bleeding after some days for two days...ams suppose to see my period today and it hasn't come...am really freaking out.. is it normal or what?

12hrs later I mean*

Anonymous

Hi. I had unprotected sex on the 4th of July, which was about 2, 3 days after my period had ended. I took emergency contraceptive (postinor 2) the same day. My period is a week late (my cycle is usually 26/27days long) and I am experiencing stomach pain. I also have discharge kinda similar to when I'm ovulating. I feel like I usually do when I am on my period or when I'm about to get it but there's No period, not even spotting. Are these the effects of postinor2?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, this is because you took Postinor 2, which prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation.

There was no need to take it. You would not have been ovulating two or three days after you finished your period. There was no risk for pregnancy.

Your period will start, but later than expected.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you for the response! It has helped ease my mind

Anonymous

If you use one tablet and did not end up using the second after 12hrs are you still safe coz am very scared.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If the instructions say to take two pills, 12 hours apart, and you do not do this, then you won't be protected as stated.

Anonymous

Had an intercourse 3 days ago. Took postinor 2 the next day at 2pm and the next one th following day at 1pm. Is it still effective? Breasts feeling kind of sore. Could that be any one of the symptoms?

Postinor 2 is 90-95% effective when taken within 24 hours. Read the leaflet for more information.

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :