Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

I completed 1 course of emergency pills 1 week ago after I had sex with my bf. I had another sex today. Im in my abortion period. Can I take another dose of this pill now? or what will I do now to prevent my pregnancy ? plz and quick

Anonymous

Hi,
I had set with my girlfriend after 10 days from the start of her period(well in her fertile window). We used a condom and she took first pill of POSITNOR 2 after about 20 hours then next pill after 12 hours. Now it's about 15 days gone from her menstrual cycle and she complaining about abdominal pain. Is that sign of a pregnancy? Please help. Also she bled some blood after taking pills.
Thanks

Anonymous

Hi.... plsss i want to ask...i saw my period on the 6th of september...i had sex with my bf on the 22nd...i took postinor2...i took the two tablets at once d next day in the morning and now im yet to see my period nd i most tyms av very serious pains in my stomach nd my abdomen nd i urinate every 3 to 4 hours...is there a possibility dat im pregnant? Cos im yet to see my period nd its d first time im taking it.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question. If you do not start your period within three weeks of taking Postinor 2, you need to take a home pregnancy test.

Please consider calling your doctor about frequent urination and serious abdominal pain. You may have a urinary tract infection.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi anonymous .
I had sex with my girl friend exactly on the day she got done ovoluting. I then gave her postinor 2 , 4 hours layer. She bleed on the third week. But now showing much signs of pregnancy .tinkling nipples .back pain and tender breast. Is there any change that she might be pregnant ....I just wanted to know if she bleed then there is no pregnancy but when she doesnt then she is...???

Thank you for your question. Vaginal bleeding after taking Postinor 2 indicates the pill worked to prevent pregnancy.

If you and your girlfriend have had unprotected sex since she bled, there is a risk for pregnancy. She can take an early response pregnancy test as early as five days before her next period is expected to start.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I'm taking postinor 2 five hours after unprotected sex. It should be taking the second dose at 12hours later. But I missed my second dose pill for 4 hours. I took it immediately . So will it still effective to preventing from pregnant? Please reply. Thank you so much

Thank you for reaching out to us for advice. Any emergency contraceptive is most effective in preventing pregnancy when taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex.

Since you took the first pill five hours after unprotected sex, taking the second pill four hours later than directed should not decrease the effectiveness of the pill.

We will not know if it worked until you get your next period. If you do not have vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking Postinor 2, test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took postinor 2 two days b4 my ovulation we made luv again on my ovulation day do I need to take another p2 again

Women are advised not to take an emergency contraceptive, including Postinor 2, more than once during a monthly menstrual cycle.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy primarily by delaying or inhibiting ovulation. In your case, you probably didn't ovulate on the day that you thought you would.

Regards,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :