ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex and take postinor 2 after 13hours my period is delaying was suppose to Ve it on 22 of march is it Normal

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, this is not normal. Did you have any vaginal bleeding after taking Postinor 2?

Take a home pregnancy test. Test in the morning using the first urine of the day. Depending on the results, contact your gynecologist or primary care physician.

Regards,

Anonymous

hi.my last period was on 16th to 29th march. I had sexual intercouse on 27th and took the emergency pill on 28th. My period is never late..at least not more than five days even after i use the emergency pill..i used a pregnancy test kit and it was positive..could postinor 2 have backfired on me?

I am confused with the dates. If you were still menstruating on March 27, there was no risk for pregnancy and no need to take an emergency contraceptive.

When did you take the pregnancy test?

Honestly, I am not convinced with the positive results. I suspect a hormonal imbalance caused by taking the pill during menstruation. That is just my guess.

Please contact your gynecologist or primary care physician, or visit a women's health clinic, to schedule a blood pregnancy test.
Mention what has happened.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

OH..I MEANT 16TH TO 19TH MARCH. THEN I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ON 27 TH MARCH AND TOOK POSTINOR 2 ON 28TH MARCH. MY PERIODS ARE 12 DAYS LATE WHICH IS UNUSUAL. I TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST AND IT WAS POSITIVE

Anonymous

Postinor 2 is effective if you take in 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. You will have period in 1 to 15 days. During these days, do not stress out. Or your body might give false pregnancy symptoms like vomiting or nausea. If you don't have period in 21 days, do pregnancy test. If you're pregnant, see doctor and ask if Cytotec can help abort (for 6 weeks pregnancy only).

Anonymous

Hello, i had sex on february 17 and took postinor 2 two hrs after, my period came on the 28th of february and lasted till the 4 th of march. My next period was due april 5, bt it has not come yet. Is it possible for postinor 2 to delay my second period after taking it? I'm having PMS symptoms but i don't feel comfortable. What should i do?

Changes to a woman's menstrual cycle is a reported side effect of Postinor 2. The next monthly period can start earlier or later than normal, but not by more than five days. Menstrual flow might be lighter or heavier than normal.

Hopefully, your period has started by now.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had sex with my bf 5 days after my fertile period. I took postinor-2 3 hours after sex. I'm supposed to have my period next week. What effects does postinor have on my mens cycle? And does having sex 5 days after fertile period have bigger chance of getting pregnant? Thankyou so much. I really need help

By the time you read my reply, you should have had vaginal bleeding. That would have indicated that Postinor 2 was effective in preventing a pregnancy.

Some women experience changes in their menstrual cycle as a side effect of the pill. The next monthly period can start earlier or later than normal, usually not more than five days. Menstrual flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

You have the highest risk for pregnancy five days before and on the day of ovulation. But, sperm can live five days inside the woman's body.

Regards,

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :