Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

hello
I took 2tablets of postinor the ten in one pack under 12 hours...am also dizzy I don't know if it's effective please what should I do?

Anonymous

Hi I took the two p2 pills at about 28 hours after my first intercourse. Will I dtilll be safe

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting.

Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Anonymous

I had sex with my girl and gave her p2 the next night we had it again should I give her again?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. Do not give her another dose. You need to both use some type of birth control, such as condoms for you, and oral contraceptives, an IUD or the Depo-Provera injections for her. Postinor 2 and all other emergency contraceptives are intended to be used only in an emergency.

Regards,

Anonymous

After sex on last week Wednesday which was on the 21st of Dec though she was expecting her period on the 25th of dec or before then like she said
She took POSTINOR2 on Thursday early morning Being 22nd of dec

On the 25th of Dec she texted this to me " i feel weak and dizzy,been having early morning and night fever.breast got bigger and painful.feeling heavy and restless" till now being 28th dec No signs of Her menses

Are these the side effects of the pill or pregnancy

Hello Anon

It's far too early to know about pregnancy but it's unlikely.

Side effects of this medication can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If she doesn't get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Using a condom can prevent these side effects.

Anonymous

Hi,
Hubby's been excessively excited this Holiday. We had sex everyday from the 22nd of this month.
Took my first tablet of postinor, about 24 hours after the first day, took the 2nd dose 12 hours later. Because we kept having sex after then, I had to take another dose last night and this morning again, can I take the 4th tablet? Will I still get pregnant? We've got 2 kids already.

Hello Anon

You still need to take another dose of medication.

Your "excited" hubby needs to use condoms!

Anonymous

Hi, pls I need your help
Right after I took p2. I was bleeding for 2 days and during that 2 days, I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend..would I still get pregnant? It's urgent pls..thank you