Q: 

Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

hi am rabianca, I had sex on d last day of my menstration, which was27 march 2017, i just took d first dose of postinor, will i still get pregnant

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. They should get back to normal the next month.

Anonymous

Hi. I had sex while having my period. - it was my second day on period. And i took postinors the next morning. How does it works ? Do i have to consume another pill after my period ?

Hello Anon

Emergency pills can differ, brand to brand.

Read the instructions and follow suit.

Anonymous

hi .i had sex 2 days ago which he ejacuted inside me i took p2 after 30min both of them can i get pregnant ,2 days later no spotting or bleeding is happening can i be granted am not pg

Anonymous

Hi ,i had intercourse during my ovulation phase. i then took postinor2 13hrs later. can i still get pregnant? And if conception had already taken place,can it be terminated by postinor?

Postinor 2 like most other morning after pills are time sensitive,that is the earlier u take them after unprotected sex the more effective they are , generally thou taking the full dose (usually 2 tab) within 72 hrs after unprotected sex is criteria as outside that the pill the failure rate is even larger. therefore if u had taken both pills in 13hrs after sex you should be ok.
To answer your other question once conception, that is the sperm as fertilize the egg, the pill will be unable to stop pregnancy, this is why the pills are not seen as causing abortion as they prevent or delay egg from being release from the ovary and so prevent conception to in the first place.
hope this was helpful

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. It will not terminate a pregnancy.

If you had not yet ovulated, it would have been effective. Otherwise, it may not.

If you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, then test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

i had unprotected sex then took postinor 2 the next day but i took both pills at once will it still work since is not as prescibed.

Hello Anon

The manufacturer of Postinor has reversed it's instruction that it needs to be taken 12 hours apart. It's fine to take the two at once.

Tags: