Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Hi, I had sex protected with my friend and then we did it unprotected about 20-30 mins later. He pulled out before he came but I was concerned about sperm from the first ejaculation being in his penis so I took Postinor about 29 hours later. I took the pill on 12th September. So far I've had cramping, been feeling lightheaded and I have been peeing quite a bit (I usually drink a lot of water so that's a reason why). I am concerned because I was fertile when I had sex and I may have ovulated the same day I took the pill or thereafter. My breasts are starting to feel sore as well. My period is due on 27th September but I'm worried that the pill did not work due to my possible ovulation on the same day. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant? I've had cramping everyday since I took it and I keep thinking that it is my period coming.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 can cause a delay in the start of your next period, but usually not more than five days.

Try to relax. If you do not have any vaginal bleeding or if you do not start your period by October 3, take a pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had sex with my boyfriend 5 days (28 july) after my period ended. We did use condoms. But During foreplay his genital came in contact with my genital. So to be safe I took the postinor 2 pill like 10 hours after. I took it as the instructions directed, which was one now and the other 12 hours after.  15 days later (15 August), I start bleeding, it was light and high abdomenal pain. It was like I was having my period but it was not heavy. This last for 2 days. But now ( September 22 ) I haven't got my period as yet. And i test with pregnancy test strips on night and early morning reslts are negative but am really worrying Please help !

Your period may be delayed due to taking Plan B. As always, a pregnancy test will let you know where you stand - you should take one to rule it out.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex with my bf after 17 days of my last period. ( Last Period, 4th September) He Did not cum in side my vagina. But i took postinor 2 tablet after 3 hours and other tablet exactly 12 hours. Normally, My period length 30 days. I do not want pregnant. Am i safe? What is the possibility of becoming pregnant? What can I do for more protection?

Anonymous

I had sex with my boy friend and took both d pill at same time. Do u think it will work.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

An emergency contraceptive would have been effective in preventing pregnancy if you took the pill as soon as possible, at least within 72 hours of intercourse, and before you ovulated.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Dr., I had sex (fingering, my partner already ejaculated himself before it) at around 9-10pm 25 August, and 7am 26 August. My period ended at 20 - 21 August (4 - 5 days before I had sex). I had postinor-2 around 11am at 21 Aug (and drank the second tablet around 11 pm at the same day). Now I already late for my period for around 2 - 3 days, although I experience spotting since 2 days ago and also light spotting about a week ago. Is there any chance that I get pregnant? Should i take pregnancy test? Or is my spotting actually my period (only in much lighter way)? I do feel stomach pain and dizzy spell like my usual period and the spotting is getting heavier each day. Thanks.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. It can cause your next period to start earlier or later than expected, usually by about five days.

Lower abdominal pain and dizziness are two reported side effects of the pill.

Just wait and see if the bleeding increases to a flow. The pill can also cause menstrual flow to be lighter or heavier than normal. The key is that you have vaginal bleeding. This means the pill was effective and you did not become pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi Dr Maryann,

Thanks for fast response. I actually have more question. What is vaginal bleeding? Is period also a vaginal bleeding? What am I supposed to do if the spotting is not getting heavier? My current spotting is dark brown one. Thanks.