Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Hello, I took Postinor 2 12 hours after sex, and the 2nd pill only 18 hours later... The day I took is my fertile/ovulation period. Can postinor 2 still work during the ovulation period? I am very worried. Please advise. Thank you and god bless.

Anonymous

Hi I had a unprotected sex 10days after my period, and I took postinor 2 tablets 12 hours after the sex.... I started spotting 5days after I took the pill and still spotting till now! What are my chances of getting pregnant? Pls let me know

Anonymous

Had u protective sex 1 days aft taking postinor 2. Menses have not come since then?? Am I at high chance of getting pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

All emergency contraceptive, including Postinor 2, are intended for emergency use in the event of contraceptive failure and are not meant to be used as a regular form of birth control.

If you do not want to become pregnant, please use some type of birth control, such as a condom or start taking an oral contraceptive daily.

When was your period due?

You probably were not at risk for pregancy because Postinor 2 works by preventing ovulation. If you do not get your period within three weeks of taking the pill, test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Maryann, I took 2 Postinor on 20th, and another 2 pills on 22nd, (12 hours apart for each time) after unprotected sex. My period was supposed to come on 19-21st. I am a few days late now. I also did not feel any discomfort or serious side effects from the pills, I feel normal. Is this normal? Did my period got delayed because of the pills? What are the chances of pregnancy? Please get back to me soon, as I am very anxious now. Thanks in advance!

If you do not have vaginal bleeding within the next three weeks, then you should test for pregnancy.

The high dose of synthetic hormone in Postinor 2 could have upset the normal hormonal balance that controls the menstrual cycle causing the delay. Consult your gynecologist on this.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Maryann, what are the chances of getting pregnant if have sex a few days before period due? since it is not the ovulation/fertile period. Please advise thank you very much

No chance because by that time the released egg has disintegrated.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi there, my last period started on 21st Oct, till 26th. Had sex on 15th this month, but my bf did not penetrate inside me as we did it for a while only. Again had sex on the 22nd, the condom broke and I took P-2 immediately and another one 12hrs later. What are the chances of getting pregnant? My period was supposed to come on the 18th this month but it's not here yet.

Anonymous

Hai there.. I just took postinor 2. Two tabletsin one dose as a keaflet say. I took it after 7 hours my unprotected sex. But I have sex in my ovulation day, 14 after my first periode day. In my periode month by month, its always happen 32-33 days till my next periode. My last periode at 27 oct 2014, and it should be happen 32-33 days after, coz thats myStill i can get pregnant? Is the implantation of ovum and sperm can happens in 7 hours?? I eat that pills 5 days ago.. And now i dont feel anything except an abdominal hurts. Tq..

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :