Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Hi anonymous .
I had sex with my girl friend exactly on the day she got done ovoluting. I then gave her postinor 2 , 4 hours layer. She bleed on the third week. But now showing much signs of pregnancy .tinkling nipples .back pain and tender breast. Is there any change that she might be pregnant ....I just wanted to know if she bleed then there is no pregnancy but when she doesnt then she is...???

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question. Vaginal bleeding after taking Postinor 2 indicates the pill worked to prevent pregnancy.

If you and your girlfriend have had unprotected sex since she bled, there is a risk for pregnancy. She can take an early response pregnancy test as early as five days before her next period is expected to start.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I'm taking postinor 2 five hours after unprotected sex. It should be taking the second dose at 12hours later. But I missed my second dose pill for 4 hours. I took it immediately . So will it still effective to preventing from pregnant? Please reply. Thank you so much

Thank you for reaching out to us for advice. Any emergency contraceptive is most effective in preventing pregnancy when taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex.

Since you took the first pill five hours after unprotected sex, taking the second pill four hours later than directed should not decrease the effectiveness of the pill.

We will not know if it worked until you get your next period. If you do not have vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking Postinor 2, test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took postinor 2 two days b4 my ovulation we made luv again on my ovulation day do I need to take another p2 again

Women are advised not to take an emergency contraceptive, including Postinor 2, more than once during a monthly menstrual cycle.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy primarily by delaying or inhibiting ovulation. In your case, you probably didn't ovulate on the day that you thought you would.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had sex with my bf on my first day of ovulating, about 18 hrs after I took the postinor 2, however 12 hrs as indicated by the package I had the second pill could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

Well I had sex wife girl friend and the condom broke , just after her medication she took in postinor 2 can she get pregnant or what is the side effect??

Anonymous

Heloo, I had sex with my girlfriend and the condom broke so I released in her, after 50minutes I gave her postinor 2 and she took both pill with cold water,is there a chance for her getting pregnant and will there be a change in her menses

Anonymous

Can a woman get pregnant after one time intercourse.? If yes then give a reason .nd if no then why.?

Anybdy else have this question's answer

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :