Can you still get pregnant when your period comes soon after the sex?

By October 1, 2012 - 11:26am

I had sex on August 31. My partner never ejaculated but the condom broke. Of course I'm worried about precum. 5 Days later on september 5th I got my period and it lasted though september 9th. After the 9th I had light spotting for about 2 days after which isn't normal. Is it possbible I can be pregnant since my period came so soon after the love connection?

Hi Gaggab32

Thanks for your post.

Your period that came days after having sex is an indication that you are not pregnant. The light spotting at the end of your period was probably just your period fading out, even if it's something that doesn't normally happen.

Well my period that was due yesterday the october 1st is now 2 days late. Just under two weeks ago I was prescribed Bactrim (antibiotic) Could this cause my period to be late?