can you tell me whats going on

By July 7, 2010 - 2:33am

I haven't had sex or period in 9months. Last week I had sex for the first in nine months and a week later I spotted for three days. .

I'm not on any medication

I have this metallic taste in my mouth. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

(reply to Reese25)

Reese, are you on any medications? That would be the most common cause. I know that can be really gross when it goes on and on.

Let us know and we'll see if we can figure this out with you.

Hang in there Reese. It might help to get some pads at the drug store for people with urinary incontinence for peace of mind in case you're late getting to the bathroom and accidentally have leakage. And, yes, if it gets really bad, and you start having pain, then go to the ER. You might also try calling your doctor's office and letting them know your frequency has increased to 5-6 times an hour, and seeing if you can get on the waiting list in case they have a cancellation, or if they can get you in sooner. Sometimes it helps to explain that the problem has become more urgent. Please let us know what you find out at your appointment, and good luck to you!

Hi Reese

Sometimes people spot after sex or a visit with the gynecologist and that sort of thing. That may be normal. I'm far more concerned about your not having a period for 9 months. Have you seen a health care provider about this?

Thank you for your question, and good luck.

(reply to Cary Cook BSN RN)

They told me everything was fine when I wasn't haven't a period. Now that I have stop spotting. I'm going to the bathroom a lot

HERWriter Guide (reply to Reese25)

Hi Reese,

It's not 'fine' to not have a period for 9 months. I'm very surprised you were told that! It's not biologically normal, unless you are in the middle of menopause.

Do you have any idea on why you are not getting your periods?

Can you tell us a little more about your lifestyle?

Do you eat very little (or even too much)? Do you over-exercise? Are you on medications? Do you know if you have any conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome? You can read more about that here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/polycystic-ovary-syndrome

Please call your doctor back and insist on an appointment. Can you tell me your age? If you are under 40, you should definitely get some testing done as to why you are not getting your periods and if you can answer my questions above, we have help you further!

I hope to hear more from you!

I'm 24 yrs old. I'm made appointment the earliest one they had was next week. I'm been just figure out why I spotted for 3days. When I had intercourse the condom did break., but I since haven't had a period. I'm pretty sure I can't be pregnant

HERWriter Guide (reply to Reese25)

Make sure you get a pregnancy test at your appointment and let us know what else they say about your amenorrhea. To learn more about amenorrhea, just click on the name. There are numerous causes so check it out and you'll be better informed when you talk to your doctor.
Don't allow anyone to tell you it's fine/normal for a young woman to have no periods for close to a year!

I look forward to your update!

If I can't wait , I will mostly likely go to the er. If I can't wait for my appointment. I'm trying wait till this weekend to buy a pregnancy test. To rule that out. I kinda rather deal with pregnancy than it be something so serious.