Can't seem to get relief/help for what appears to be classic perimenapausal symtoms

By Anonymous December 12, 2011 - 6:20am

I am 49 and have been feeling unbalanced for over 2 years. Mood swings are the worst and they have become so bad I have been "coached" at work. One doctor wouldn't even give me a blood test for hormone levels and the next one gave me Zoloft (which I didn't take). The last one I went to gave me 50mg Progesterone daily to take (orally) but it seems to be getting worse. I may lose my job over this! Help!

Dear Anonymous,

Other than mood swings are you having any other symptoms of perimenopause? 

Some of the common symptoms can be found here: http://www.empowher.com/perimenopause/content/symptoms-perimenopause

Did any of your doctors test your hormone levels? If not, I'd consider looking for another doctor-- it's no use having one if you aren't happy with them.

Please keep us posted,

Menopause Guide