Can't sleep, joint pain, overweight, muscle fatigue

Hi, thanks for listening. I'm post-menopausal and feel really crappy, LOL. When I exercise, the next day I feel like I've been beaten. It's like I aged 30 years just in the past five years. My doctor has poked at me for fibro-myalgia (nothing); found super mild inflammation from labwork, and I've also been told, well, it's age. I'm only 56. And I have injured myself in the past few years: disc bulge, sprained ankle, shoulder impingements ... I really do feel like I'm 76 or 86. All advice appreciated. I wish I could afford a holistic doctor, but can't :(, so I'm just trying to figure this out on my own.

Thanks, Susan! This really helps, because I feel like the doctors are kinda ... unimpressed, LOL. Apparently the inflammation levels are below the lupus levels, but they did trigger a very small alert. So I'm getting labwork to retest (it's been a while) and asked for a Lyme test too.
I think I just got tired of dealing with it and going nowhere. I gave up for a while.
Mentally, I don't feel great because I don't feel good and don't sleep well. I don't think depression caused this, but I do think depression has been the result.
Yes, the weight must come off, argh.
Thanks for all your good thoughts, support, and ideas. I just signed up for the community (Sliver) and I think it will really help.
You've given me some great ideas!

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER.

56 isn't a young thing anymore but it certainly isn't old! Especially by today's standards.

To feel so sore and tired after exercise if you exercise quite regularly shouldn't really be happening to someone in their 50s.

I know your doctor has found some inflammation in testing but have you been tested thoroughly for auto immune illnesses? Conditions like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis could be at play here. You may have chronic fatigue syndrome or a plethora of other conditions that are there but simply hasn't been diagnosed.

In terms of weight - obviously less food and more exercise is what's needed to lose weight but age is certainly a factor in weight gain, as well as the ensuing hormonal changes. However, being very over-weight is not acceptance for overall health and wellness. Being overweight is very hard on bones, joints and muscles.

Anon, how do you feel mentally? If you feel depressed, know that this also exhibits physical symptoms like fatigue and muscle pain.

Please talk to your doctor again about an entire blood work up and more detailed testing. You shouldn't have to live like this, and certainly not in your 50s.

A specialist in auto immune conditions may be needed. Please keep us posted as to how things are progressing. You can use this thread for updates and we are happy to chat with you further at any time.