Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Causes of vaginal ulcers.

Hello. I went to my doctor today for vaginal irritation. She told me I had a yeast infection and a vaginal ulcer which she cultured and now I am waiting for the results on it. She said that it could possibly be herpes, but really didn't think so, but wanted to make sure. I am freaking out because I have been with my husband for 7 years and he is the ONLY one I've been with and he had one other partner before me. She told me that some people are just born carriers of it or that he had a cold sore during oral sex. Either way, I am still scared. I guess my question is what other things can cause the ulcer and should I be worried?

I can understand that you are frightened. Herpes simplex virus infection is the most common cause of genital ulcers in the United States. The herpes simplex virus is most commonly transmitted in the saliva of an infected person. It is very likely that your husband contracted the virus by contact with the saliva of an infected person.

Wait for the results of the culture. With a diagnosis, your physician can prescribe the proper anitviral medication to treat your infection.

Please try to relax. Herpes simplex viral infections are treatable.

How do you control your PMS?: