Cervical position changes

By May 24, 2016 - 12:16pm

Does your cervix have the same changes during pregnancy as it does during ovulation? You know high and soft for ovulation then low and hard before ovulation, after, and before and after menstruation. I Don't mean to be tiresome. Also, I think mine changes throughout the day like it seems soft, then if I check again its hard. For some reason is always hard after laying down for long periods of time. Thanks.

I was just trying to make sure because I read that some women continue having periods throughout their pregnancy. I thought I might have been one of the rare ones.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Lizz1014)

Hi again!

Women can bleed in pregnancy - this needs to be monitored. Some women have heard from their mothers etc that they had their periods throughout pregnancy. They are confusing bleeding with menstrual periods.

When a woman has her period, the uterine wall is shed. This cannot happen in pregnancy, if it did the baby would be lost/miscarried.

Be wary of internet stories!

I can't help but be worried because my period for June was supposed to start today, but it hasn't. I saw the slightet spotting on Thursday.

Hi Lizz1014!

I helped you on your pregnancy question yesterday - you cannot be pregnant. You're not being tiresome at all but you are believing your fear of pregnancy over the facts.

The cervix can change slightly over the course of the month (just a regular month) and certainly during pregnancy as the body prepares for birth. The female reproductive organs are truly amazing.

But from you last post, and I know you are worried about pregnancy - this isn't possible in your case -and additionally you are getting regular periods.

You need to look at the biological aspect - the science, if you will. You're not pregnant. However, stress can cause a toll on our bodies and minds and we can feel things that aren't there due to what stress or anticipation does to the body. The mind is a mighty thing.

I'm a bit hesitant to link you to body changes that occur during pregnancy as I feel you'll get paranoid (and I am sure you've looked this up yourself!).

Please try not to stress.