Q: 

Cervix feels low, hard and tightly closed

By June 27, 2017 - 4:58am

I've been experiencing dry vaginal area right now. And my cervix feels really low when I inserted one finger, I wasn't able to fully insert it as my cervix feels really low, tight inside. Also even before I insert my finger, the outer part feels so closed. Why am I experiencing this? Is this because I've already experiend that ovulation discharge? The eggwhite one? Thanks!

Guide

Hello KLeo,

Welcome again to EmpowHER.

The cervix is a cylinder-shaped neck of tissue that connects the vagina and uterus. Located at the lowermost portion of the uterus, the cervix is composed primarily of fibromuscular tissue. There are two main portions of the cervix:

The part of the cervix that can be seen from inside the vagina during a gynecologic examination is known as the ectocervix. An opening in the center of the ectocervix, known as the external os, opens to allow passage between the uterus and vagina.
The endocervix, or endocervical canal, is a tunnel through the cervix, from the external os into the uterus.

KLeo, are you sure it is your cervix that you are feeling?

Consider calling and speaking with your gynecologist because I cannot not offer any answers other than I do not think your symptoms have anything to do with ovulation.

Regards,