Chance to getting preganant?

I am 25 years old female. I am taking Folvite tablets for the past 1 month as advised by the doctor (as me and my hubby are planning for a baby). My menstrual cycle is 26 days usually. Will having Folvite tablets delay the periods? My cycle has crossed 28 days by now. So are there chances of me being pregnant?

Thank you for your question and welcome to EmpowHER. 

You may have read many questions here about folvite (folic acid) tablets that women are taking - women who are looking to get pregnant. 

It's a pity doctors don't explain more about what these tablets are for as many women are left thinking they are some kind of fertility medication. 

Folic acid is a vitamin that many people take, especially people who are anemic. It is a B vitamin. B vitamins are important for blood cell formation and to help process food properly. 

Folic acid is also good to take when pregnant, for a healthy pregnancy. 

It has no known side effects since it occurs naturally in the body and is needed in the body, although some may have an allergic reaction. Folvite tablets do not affect periods and is not a medication to get someone pregnant. It is taken by women, however, so that they are nutritionally healthy when pregnant and growing unborn babies grow better and stronger when a mother has this important vitamin in her system. 

If your period is late, you can take a pregnancy test. 

Good luck getting pregnant, keep taking the vitamins and we hope you have good news for us soon!