Chances of getting pregnant ?

By October 9, 2012 - 10:54am

I have irregular periods and the last time around the 7th of September. Had sex on 5th of Oct. Just pre-ejaculate. Had taken combined oral contraceptive after around 7 hours and repeated the dose after 12 hrs. In addition to this, had taken Plan B one step after around 12 hrs (after sex). What the odds of pregnancy?

Hi meenee

We can't tell anyone their exact odds but since there was no ejaculation and you took emergency contraception which is about 92% effective, your risk of pregnancy are very low.

Dear Susan,
Thank you for the reply. Apart from this, I do not know for sure if I was in my fertile window during the act since my periods are too irregular . But on the *next* day I had noticed that I did not have cervical mucous at all (may be a bit of the white infertile kind). Can this mean i was not ovulating the previous day? thereby reducing the risk even further?