Chances of pregnancy?

By July 11, 2016 - 12:26am

Long story short, I had unprotected sex on May 13 but he did not ejaculate in me. Took two postinor 2 pills on may 16 and had withdrawal bleeding on May 23-27. My previous period dates are April 18-23 & March 11-17. My period is late this month and I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. However, I did drink quite a fair bit of water before I did the test so I'm not sure if it is accurate. I'm not experiencing the pregnancy symptoms, just a little indigestion and very very slight nausea. Am I pregnant?

Hi Batleycornor!

Thanks for your question and welcome to EmpowHER!

Since your test is negative (it doesn't really matter if you drank a lot of water) you're likely not pregnant. Your next period may be late due to taking emergency contraception- that is a common side effect.

However if you don't get your period in the next week, test again.

Read more about the effects emergency contraception has on the body here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills

Hi there, thank you for replying. I just wanted to check because he did not ejaculate in me and I've all the while had very irregular periods. In fact, after my first period, I did not have my next period until eleven months later! Besides, it's close to 50 days since I had the withdrawal bleeding and hence I'm pretty worried.