Q: 

chances of pregnancy

By Anonymous December 15, 2016 - 6:20am

Had sex on the 29th of last month (my ovulation day) but everything was poured outside, a week later I conducted a test and I was negative..my period was to start on the 13th of this month and I had sex the same day, I took postinor2 the following day.. now am two days late, does it mean am pregnant? or how long do I have to wait to conduct a test to be sure

Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for coming to us with your question if you might be pregnant.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. You took the dose after you think you ovulated. That may affects the pill's effectiveness.

The recommendation is to wait and if you have not had any bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, then test for pregnancy.

Postinor 2 can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. Some women start their next period on time, or earlier or later than expected.

Wait at least one more week. You could have become pregnant during intercourse on November 29. You might have seen or felt semen pouring out of you, but that is no guarantee that sperm, which are so tiny, swim its way to meet the released egg.

Still no period after one week, take an early response pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up and use the bathroom.

Let us know what happens,

Emergency Contraception